Lifeline Express Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Lifeline Express, the world’s first hospital on a train of Indian Railways has completed 25 years of service to the poor and underprivileged masses of rural India.
To mark the occasion and celebrate the success of the train a function was held in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
About Lifeline Express
- The Lifeline Express is also known as the Magic Train of India. It was launched on 16 July 1991.
- The Lifeline Express has the distinction of being the first ever hospital-on-rails in the world.
- It is equipped with state-of-the-art medical facilities and equipment to cater to the needs of the rural patients.
- The train is a flagship social initiative of Impact India Foundation (IIF) in partnership with the Indian Railways and the Union Health Ministry.
- It was started with an aim to provide on-the-spot diagnostic, medical and advanced surgical treatment for preventive and curative interventions for disabled adults and children using the Indian Railway Network.
- So far, the train covered 173 projects in 18 state and also covered 2 lakh kilometres distance and has medically served more than 10,00,000 poor in rural India.