Loan Approval Current Affairs - 2020
On June 2, 2020, the Public Sector Banks sanctioned collateral free loans that were worth Rs 200 crores. The complete Rs 200 crore sanction was done in a single day.
The PSBs are set to sanction Rs 3,200 crores under Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan. This will benefit MSMEs (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) that are located in more than 3,000 TIER-2 towns. These loans will help MSMEs meet their expenses towards rent, restocking of goods and payment of salaries.
Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan
The Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitaraman while announcing the economic package of Rs 20 lakh crore under the Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan Scheme, said that collateral free loans with one-year moratorium will be provisioned. These loans are those that are now being provided by the Public Sector Banks. (Moratorium is the period during which the borrower is not obligates to make any payment).
Under the scheme, for the other stressed sectors up to 25 crores of rupees are availed as additional 20% of outstanding loans.
Tags: Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan • Loan Approval • MSME • Nirmala Sitaraman • Public Sector Banks (PSBs)
PSBloansin59minutes.com which was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2018 has emerged as the country’s largest online lending platform, with loan sanctions exceeding over Rs 35,000 crore.
The portal provides credit up to Rs 1 crore to micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in just 59 minutes or less than an hour.
How the online portal has eased the access to loan?
- The online portal has reduced the turnaround time from 20-25 days to 59 minutes and upon approval, the loan is disbursed in 7-8 working days.
- The automated loan processing system together with ease has helped in fostering transparency.
- The online portal has aided in eliminating the discretion at the bankers’ end, as in-principle approval of loans does not require human intervention.
- 62 lakh MSME units have been given in-principle approvals, while 1.12 lakh have got a final nod, since the launch.
How Portal Works?
- Through the Portal, the MSMEs apply for a loan using their GST registration as the portal is integrated with GST server at the back-end as well as IT, credit bureaus and banks.
- The portal then quickly scores the applicant on individual models of lenders.
- Borrowers then select the lender and branch which is willing to grant “in-principle” approval.
- The approval is then presented to the branch selected along with necessary documents. The loan is then
Since the portal links data points, no one can game the system as there is no scope for information asymmetry.