Lok Sabha Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Union Minister Minister of State (MoS) for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Raosaheb Dadarao Danve on 5 March 2015 resigned from the office.
He submitted his resignation to Prime Minister Narendra Modi who accepted it and forwarded it to President Pranab Mukherjee.
Raosaheb Danve resigned from the Union Council of Ministers following the Bharatiya Janta Party (BJPs) one-man, one-post principle after he was appointed President of Maharashtra in January 2015.
He took over as Maharashtra BJP president after Devendra Fadnavis became the Chief Minister state who had led the party to power in October 2014 Assembly elections.
About Raosaheb Dadarao Danve
- He is a 4-time member of Lok Sabha representing the Jalna constituency from the Marathwada region of Maharashtra.
- Danve had started his political career from panchayat level and was actively associated with the cooperative movement of the state.
- He was also a Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA) from Bhokardan Constituency and represented it twice.
Tags: Lok Sabha • Maharashtra
Parliament has passed the Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2015. It was passed by Rajya Sabha on 4 March and earlier by Lok Sabha on 2 March 2015.
This bill will replace an ordinance promulgated in this regard and amend the Citizenship Act, 1955.
Key provisions of the bill
- The Bill mergers of Person of Indian Origin (PIO) and Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI) schemes.
- It also adds that the Union government may notify that Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) cardholders shall be considered to be Overseas Citizen of India card holder.
- It also provides 30-day break to person who applies for Indian citizenship if they have to leave India for some time.
- It gives power to Union government to cancel the OCI card obtained by the spouse of an Indian citizen if the marriage is dissolved by a court or the spouse enters into another marriage even while the first marriage has not been dissolved.