Long March Rocket series Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
China’s Long March Rocket Series which is the mainstay of China’s space programme since 1970 has successfully completed its 300th launch by putting a new communication satellite into orbit through Long March-3B Rocket.
China’s Long March-3B Rocket Series
- China’s indigenously built China’s Long March rockets have sent more than 500 spacecraft into space.
- The rocket series built by China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation was responsible for about 96.4 per cent of all the launch missions in China.
- The Long March rockets have also provided provide launch services for countries participating in the Belt and Road Initiative, including Algeria, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.
- The Long March-1 carrier rocket launched the country’s first satellite, Dongfanghong-1, into orbit on April 24, 1970.
- The success rate of the 300 launches of the Long March rockets stood at 96 per cent.
- The Long March rockets completed 37 consecutive successful launches, ranking a global first for the highest number of successful launches in 2018.
A total of 17 types of Long March carrier rockets have been developed and put into use since 1970, ensuring the implementation of a series of key space projects including manned space program, lunar exploration, BeiDou Navigation Satellite System (BDS) and the Gaofen Earth observation project.
Tags: Algeria • BeiDou Navigation Satellite System • China • China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation • Dongfanghong-1 • Gaofen Earth observation project • Long March Rocket series • Long March-3B rocket • Pakistan • Saudi Arabia