Machine learning Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Researchers from Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M), Gyan Data (an IIT-M incubated company) together with experts from ESPNcricinfo have launched Superstats, a new metrics to analyse the game of cricket.
Superstats comprises of three metrics: Luck Index, Forecaster, and Smart Stats. Superstats which is based on data science also ventures into new territories such as luck and forecasting to give a context to every event in a game during this IPL season.
Taking into account score-cards i.e. ball by ball database of all IPL matches played in India in the last ten years, researchers have developed an algorithm based on machine learning system.
This algorithm processes accurate, fast data and quantifies impact of luck and analyzes the real value of a player’s performance in real-time.
Superstats will provide the viewers with a new experience wherein where match information, analysis and projection are backed with data science.
The Union Cabinet has approved a National Electronics Policy 2019. The Policy aims to position India as a global hub for Electronics System Design and Manufacturing – (ESDM) by encouraging and driving capabilities in the country for developing core components, including chipsets, and creating an enabling environment for the industry to compete globally.
Objectives of the Policy
- Create eco-system for globally competitive ESDM sector and Promoting domestic manufacturing and export in the entire value-chain of ESDM.
- Providing incentives and support for manufacturing of core electronic components in India.
- Providing a special package of incentives for mega projects which are extremely high-tech and entail huge investments, such as semiconductor facilities display fabrication, etc.
- Formulate suitable schemes and incentive mechanisms to encourage new units and expansion of existing units.
- Promote Industry-led R&D and innovation in all sub-sectors of electronics, including grass root level innovations and early stage Start-ups in emerging technology areas such as 5G, loT/ Sensors, Artificial Intelligence (Al), Machine Learning, Virtual Reality (VR), Drones, Robotics, Additive Manufacturing, Photonics, Nano-based devices, etc.
- Providing incentives and support for significantly enhancing the availability of skilled manpower, including re-skilling.
- Special focus on Fabless Chip Design Industry, Medical Electronic Devices Industry, Automotive Electronics Industry and Power Electronics for Mobility and Strategic Electronics Industry.
- Create a Sovereign Patent Fund (SPF) to promote the development and acquisition of IPs in the ESDM sector.
- Promote trusted electronics value chain initiatives to improve national cybersecurity profile.
Several schemes, initiatives, projects and measures for the development of the ESDM sector in the country will be formulated to achieve the objectives of the policy.
Targets under the New Policy
- Promote domestic manufacturing and export in the entire value-chain of ESDM for economic development to achieve a turnover of USD 400 billion (approximately INR 26,00,000 crore) by 2025.
- Targeted production of 1.0 billion (100 crore) mobile handsets by 2025, valued at USD 190 billion (approximately INR 13,00,000 crore), including600 million (60 crore) mobile handsets valued at USD 110 billion (approximately INR 7,00,000 crore) for export.
The implementation of various schemes and programmes under the National Policy on Electronics 2012 (NPE 2012) has successfully consolidated the foundations for a competitive Indian ESDM value chain. The National Electronics Policy 2019 proposes to build on that foundation to propel the growth of the ESDM industry in the country.
Tags: 5G • Additive manufacturing • Artificial Intelligence (Al) • Automotive Electronics Industry • Chip Design Industry • Drones • Electronics System Design and Manufacturing • ESDM • loT/ Sensors • Machine learning • Medical Electronic Devices Industry • Nano-based devices • National Electronic Policy 2019 • National Policy on Electronics 2012 • Photonics • Power Electronics • Robotics • Sovereign Patent Fund • Virtual Reality (VR)