Madagascar Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Africa-India Joint Field Training Exercise (AFINDEX-19) between the Indian Army and 16 African nations will be conducted in Pune from March 18 to 27.
Features of AFINDEX-19
- 10 personnel, each from the participating nations from the African continent and personnel of Maratha Light Infantry of the Indian Army will participate in the joint exercise.
- The joint exercise would be held at Pune’s Foreign Training Node at Aundh Military Station and College of Military Engineering in Kirkee.
- AFINDEX-19 aims to train the participating contingents in Humanitarian Mine Assistance (HMA) and Peace Keeping Operations (PKO) under the United Nations Charter through practical and comprehensive discussions and tactical exercises
- Contingents from Egypt, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Sudan, South Africa, Tanzania, Namibia, Mozambique, Uganda, Niger & Zambia are part of the joint exercise together with officers from Rwanda, Democratic Republic of Congo and Madagascar as Observers.
- The joint exercise will also focus on achieving interoperability, learning each other’s methodologies and tactics through synchronised operational level planning and tactical level training.
- The joint exercise will also cover the dynamics of raising a Mission headquarters, nuances of establishing military observer team sites in disturbed
AFINDEX-19 is expected to greatly facilitate sharing of Indian Armed Forces experiences in United Nations Peace Keeping operations with countries in Africa and shall significantly enhance relations with the African continent.
Tags: AFINDEX-19 • Africa • Africa-India Joint Field Training Exercise • Democratic Republic of Congo • Egypt • Ghana • India-Africa • Madagascar • Maratha Light Infantry • Mozambique • Namibia • Niger • Nigeria • Rwanda • Senegal • South Africa • Sudan • Tanzania • Uganda • Zambia
The annual multinational maritime exercise Cutlass Express was held from 27 Jan to 06 Feb 19. The exercise is aimed to improve law enforcement capacity, promote regional security and progress inter-operability between the armed forces of the participating nations for the purpose of interdicting illegal maritime activity in the Western Indian Ocean.
The annual Exercise Cutlass Express is sponsored by U.S. Africa Command (USAFRICOM) and conducted by Naval Forces Africa (NAVAF). Exercise Cutlass Express 2019 is the eighth iteration of the annual multinational maritime exercise and was held in the vicinity of Djibouti, Mozambique and Seychelles.
The participating nations in the exercise Cutlass Express 2019 were Canada, Comoros, Djibouti, France, India, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Portugal, Seychelles, Somalia, Tanzania, The Netherlands and the United States. The Indian Navy was represented in the exercise through INS Trikand.
During the exercise, Naval, Coast Guard and Marine Police personnel from a number of East African countries were jointly trained by mentors from USA, India, and Netherlands, with the support of international organisations like the International Maritime Organisation (IMO), Combined Maritime Force (CMF) and European Naval Forces (EUNAVFOR).
Tags: Canada • Comoros • Djibouti • Exercise Cutlass Express 2019 • France • India • INS Trikand • Kenya • Madagascar • Mauritius • Mozambique • Naval Forces Africa • Portugal • Seychelles • Somalia • Tanzania • the Netherlands • the United States • U.S. Africa Command