Mahila E HAAT Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Government has launched an online marketing platform Mahila E-HAAT to facilitate women entrepreneurs to sell their products to buyers.
It was launched by Union Women and Child Development Minister Maneka Gandhi in New Delhi. The Mahila e-Haat portal can be accessed at http://mahilaehaat-rmk.gov.in
- Mahila E-HAAT is an online marketing platform to facilitate women entrepreneurs to sell their products to buyers.
- It is an initiative mainly for women across the country and is part of Union Government’s flagship ‘Digital India’ and ‘Stand Up India’ initiatives.
- Objective: To strengthen the financial inclusion of women entrepreneurs by providing continued support to their creativity.
- Joint initiative of: Union Women and Child Development Ministry and Rashtriya Mahila Kosh (RMK) for meeting the needs of women entrepreneurs.
- Features: The initiative is unique as for the first time government will help women to sell products online.
- Women can sell their products like cloths, bags, jewelleries through this web portal.
- It is open to all Indian women citizens above 18 years of age and women Self Help Groups (SHGs) desiring for marketing their legal products/services.
- The entire business on the e-Haat platform can be easily handled through mobile phone.
This e-platform seeks to strengthen the socio-economic empowerment of women by mobilizing and providing better avenues to them. It will benefit more than 10000 Self Help Groups (SHGs) and 1.25 Lakh women. The e-Haat is expected may also bring paradigm shift in socio-economic conditions of women by enabling them to exercise control over their finances.