Make in India campaign Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Chinese personal computer and smartphone giant Lenovo has roped with electronics contract manufacturer Flextronics to start manufacturing facility in Sriperambudur, near Chennai.
Lenovo has forayed in Indian smartphone manufacturing sector after the latest entrant Foxconn who will manufacture the phones in its facility and will invest $ 5 billion over a period of five years in India.
Lenovo will start local manufacturing smartphones of it’s both brands Lenovo and Motorola which it acquired from Google last year at its Sriperambudur facility.
Lenovo’s development comes as another boost for the government’s ambitious ‘Make in India’ campaign which will establish local manufacture units with an annual production capacity of 6 million units smartphones and expects employment to 1,500 persons.
Currently Lenovo manufactures around three million PCs and laptops at Puducherry, near Chennai but didn’t have smartphone manufacturing unit in India.
It should be noted that India is the third largest smartphone market in the world.
Note: Sriperambudur earlier had Nokia manufacturing facility which later suspended its operations resulting 30,000 people losing jobs, 50% of them were women.
Gujarat Technological University (GTU) has launched e-Raksha Research Centre to curb rising menace of cybercrimes.
This research Centre will provide solution for issues related to cyber security by encouraging research and enhance capability in this field.
Key facts e-Raksha Research Centre
- This centre is established by GTU in collaboration with Cyber Peace Foundation (CPF).
- Its goal is to establish a peaceful and harmonious cyber space through research in this area.
- Various activities like research on latest techniques of cybercrime and capacity building on this issue to the faculties, students and government officers will be undertaken by this centre.
- It will also support Union government’s Make in India campaign by manufacturing routers, switches, firewalls, UTMs (Unified Threat Management) and other network appliances.
- This centre will also train students in areas of cyber security and enhance their capability to provide solution for issues related to it.
- It will support government in protecting critical infrastructure and mission critical services including research on malwares such as botnet by setting up malware analysis test bed.
Gujarat Technological University (GTU): It is headed by the state government and came into existence on the 16th of May, 2007.