Make in India Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The National Institute of Design has been inaugurated at Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh and Jorhat in Assam. The Union Minister for Commerce and Industries Suresh Prabhu inaugurated the Institutions.
Establishment of National Institute of Design
- Design and innovation have taken prime importance in many sectors, policies, and schemes of the government like “Make in India”, “Skill India”, “Digital India”, “Startup India”, and “Smart City initiatives”. Hence it is imperative to promote design education.
- National Design Policy 2007 had recommended setting up design institutes on the lines of NID, Ahmedabad in other parts of India to promote design programs. Hence National Institute of Design is being established Andhra Pradesh (Amaravati), Assam (Jorhat), Madhya Pradesh (Bhopal) and Haryana (Kurukshetra).
- NIDs in different regions of the country will help produce highly skilled manpower in design which, in turn, will create job opportunities, both direct and indirect, by providing sustainable design interventions for crafts, handloom, rural technology, small, medium and large-scale enterprises and outreach programs for capacity, capability and institution building.
- NIDs will fulfil the requirement of designers in the country and expose them to employment opportunities, which will lead the country towards higher socio-economic growth.
National Institute of Design
- The National Institute of Design was established based on the recommendations of the Eames Report. It was established as an autonomous all-India body in September 1961 at Ahmedabad in association with the Ford Foundation and the Sarabhai family.
- Over the years, the National Institute of Design has emerged as an internationally finest educational and research institutions for Industrial, Communication, Textile and IT Integrated (Experiential) Design. It works as an autonomous institution under the aegis of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- The National Institute of Design has been declared ‘Institution of National Importance’ by the Act of Parliament, by virtue of the National Institute of Design Act 2014.
The National Design Institution at Bhopal and Jorhat will provide 4-year undergraduate courses in industrial design, communication design and apparel & textile design.
Tags: Amaravati • Andhra Pradesh [APPSC] • Assam • Bhopal • Digital India
India and Sweden signed a security protection agreement that will enable the two countries to share classified information with each other. The agreement was signed during the visit of the Indian Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman to Sweden.
About the Agreement
Sweden has similar agreements with over 30 countries around the world, as well as with the EU and NATO. The salient features of the agreement are:
- The agreement will regulate how sensitive information is to be handled, processed and protected.
- The pact will provide a framework for greater cooperation on the high end and cutting edge technology and manufacturing.
Indian has proposed dialogue to enable a greater understanding of the successful model of collaboration between government, industry and academia in building technologically advance ecosystem.
India also thanked Swedish PM Lofven for his support to India’s bid for the permanent seat in the United Nation Security Council (UNSC) and the multilateral export control regime–Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR).
India Sweden Ties
Sweden is a Scandinavian country with capital at Stockholm and currency Swedish krona.
In April 2018, Prime Minister Narendra Modi had visited Stockholm and had held a meeting with his Swedish counterpart Stefan Lofven. Both the leaders agreed to enhance the cooperation in the field of defence, cyber-security and innovation. PM Lofven with his delegation had participated in the ‘Make in India’ programme in 2016.