Make in India Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Global Bio-India summit is to be held for the first time in India between November 21 and November 23, 2019. It is being organized by BIRAC and DBT of Ministry of Science and Technology. The purpose of the summit is to attract investments, showcase the country’s indigenous strengths and aspirations.
- Biotech is identified as one of the key sectors in Make in India 2.0.
- The event is planned to bring in stakeholders of 30 countries together.
- It will include 200 exhibitors and 250 startups. The Central and state regulatory bodies are also participating in the summit. On the whole, around 3500 participators are expected
- Biotechnology and its contributions are important for India in achieving its 5 trillion USD target.
- Biotechnology is also one of the thrust areas for driving GDP growth of the country.
Key Objectives of the Summit
- To identify funding and collaboration opportunities for research and Development
- To attract major projects from international companies
- To discuss policy interventions and key trends across the sub sectors like bio-agriculture, bio-energy, bio-industrial, bio-manufacturing, bio-services, etc.
To facilitate interactions of research institutions with industry
Tags: Biotechnology • BIRAC • Department of Biotechnology (DBT) • Make in India • Ministry of Science and Technology
The Minister of Electronics and Information Technology (MeiTY) Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad unveiled a series of new initiatives at the Start-Up Summit at New Delhi
Highlights of the summit
- The MeitY Startup Hub was launched. The Hub will facilitate the vision of the Ministry towards technology, startups, innovation and creation of intellectual properties. The Software Technology Parks of India will act as the nodal agency in implementing the scheme
- The summit aims to bring the key stake holders and startups of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Internet of Things (IoT) together
- During the summit the entrepreneurs and startups will share effective techniques and strategies.
- The participators of the summit will also work together to bring in focus of venture capital and government around their processes and strategies.
Highlights of the Ministers’ speech in the event
- “Reform, Preform and Transform” are the key focus areas of the GoI
- The Transformation Technology schemes in India are playing a vital role. It includes Digital India, make in India, Startup India and Smart Cities
- The Digital Initiatives like eNam, Digital payments and eVisas have shown tremendous maturity and growth
- Around 1.25 lakh Gram Panchayats are connected to optical fiber.
- The TIDE-Technology Incubation and Development of Entrepreneurs launched in 2008 and the TIDE 2.0 version launched in June 2018 has multi prolonged approach in diverse areas like ICT, management and Electronics.