Malta Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Transparency International’s Corruption Perception Index make the following observations:
- Denmark is the world least corrupt country scoring 88 out of 100 points. Denmark is followed by New Zealand and Finland.
- Somalia has been ranked last with a score of 10 behind South Sudan and Syria.
- More than two-thirds of evaluated countries scored below 50 points, while the average score remained at last year’s level of only 43 points.
- Estonia, Cote d’Ivoire, Senegal and Guyana demonstrated most improvements since 2012.
- The 2018 rankings showed an increase in the perceived corruption in Australia, Chile and Malta.
- For the first time since the United States dropped out of the top 20 and it was ranked at 22nd rank.
- Along with Brazil, US was placed in the watch list by Transparency International.
Top and Bottom Countries
Region Wise Performance
The report highlights a connection between healthy democracies and successfully fighting corruption in the public sector and notes that corruption is much more likely to flourish where democratic foundations are weak.
Tags: Australia • Brazil • Chile • Corruption Perception Index 2018 • Cote d'Ivoire • Denmark • Estonia • Finland • Guyana • Malta • New Zealand • Senegal • Somalia • South Sudan • Syria • Transparency International • US
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 9th edition of Vibrant Gujarat Summit. On the occasion, the Prime Minister also set the target for breaching into top 50 rankings of the ease of doing business.
The three-day Vibrant Gujarat Summit will witness the participation of the heads of five countries Uzbekistan, Rwanda, Denmark, Czech Republic and Malta – and over 30,000 national and international delegates. A round-table interaction with the heads of global funds, ‘Africa Day’ and an MSME convention would also be held during the convention.
Vibrant Gujarat Summit
Vibrant Gujarat Summit conceptualized in 2003 by then Chief Minister of Gujarat Narendra Modi, to establish Gujarat as a preferred investment destination within India.
The objectives of the Vibrant Gujarat Summit are:
- Strengthen the foundation for Gujarat to become economically and socially the most developed state in India by 2030, at par with the best in the developed world.
- Leveraging Gujarat’s manufacturing leadership in the country and it’s economic strength, to connect the global investor with India and the state.
- Attract the brightest minds from across the world to ideate, showcase innovation and best practices, and discuss their application to the state and the nation.
- Empower India to compete with the best global economies.
- Provide a platform for global business networking.
Over the time the Summit has evolved into a platform for brainstorming on agendas of global socio-economic development, in addition to being a facilitator for knowledge sharing and forging effective partnerships.