Manipur Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Zonel Sougaijam, a civil engineer from Manipur was included in Facebook Hall of Fame 2019, for detecting a WhatsApp bug that violated privacy of a user.
- Facebook, the social media giant honoured 22-year-old Mr. Sougaijam, by including him in Facebook Hall of Fame 2019 and also awarded $5000.
- His name is currently at 16th position in a list of 94 people who are included in Facebook Hall of Fame for this year.
- WhatsApp Bug: During a voice call via WhatsApp, the bug instilled used to allow caller to upgrade it to a video call even without the authorisation and knowledge of receiver. The WhatsApp caller was then able to see what other person on receiving end is doing, thus violating the privacy of receiver.
- Sougaijam discovered this bug and reported the matter in March 2019 to Bug Bounty Program of Facebook, which deals with matters of violation privacy. The Facebook Security team acknowledged his report and its technical department fixed the bug within 15-20 days.
- Facebook, the social media giant is owned by Mark Zuckerberg, who purchased WhatsApp messaging service in February 2014 for a staggerring $19 billion.
India finished its campaign at the Cologne Boxing World Cup 2019 with a haul of five medals. The Cologne Boxing World Cup 2019 was held at Cologne, Germany.
Indian Medal Tally
- Meena Kumari Maisnam (54kg) won the only gold medal for India in the tournament.
- It was the only bout of the tournament for the Manipur pugilist Meena Kumari as she had been directly placed in the final due to a smaller draw.
- Youth world champion Sakshi (57kg) and India Open gold medallist Pwilao Basumatary (64kg) lost their final bouts and finished with silver medals.
- Pinki Rani (51kg) and Parveen (60kg) won bronze medals after losing their semi-final bouts.
Cologne Boxing World Cup earlier known as Chemistry Cup witnessed participation from more than 20 nations and 160 boxers in seven women and ten men weight classes. It is one of the strongest international events in Europe with nearly 50 years of traditions. The first edition was held in 1970.