United States (US) President Barack Obama has appointed an Indian-American engineer Manjit Singh as the member of President’s Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships (PACFBNF).
PACFBNF brings together leaders and experts in fields related to the work of faith-based and neighborhood organizations in order to make recommendations to the Administration.
About Manjit Singh
- Singh is the President of Agilious, a software technology consulting firm he founded in 2013. He is an engineering graduate of Bombay University.
- He is the co-founder of the Sikh American Legal Defense and Education Fund, a national Sikh American media, policy and education organization.
- He had served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Guru Gobind Singh Foundation.
- He also had served as a Member-at-Large of The Board of the Interfaith Conference of Metropolitan in Washington.
- Singh had received a Master of Science (MSc) degree from the State University of New York at Albany.