Renowned Marathi literary scholar Dr. Ramchandra Chintaman Dhere passed away after prolonged illness in Pune, Maharashtra. He was 86.
He was an Insightful scholar who had unraveled the Cultural linkage between the past and the present through his path-breaking literally research on various subjects.
About Dr. R C Dhere
- Born on 21 July 1930 at Nigade village near Pune. He had completed his graduation in 1966. He got his Ph.D. in 1975 and was honored with D.Lit. in 1980 by Pune University.
- Since 1955 he has been writing on various subjects including saint literature, Folk deities and gods, Bhakti cult, Holy places, Folk literature, Folk culture and Folk art in India.
- He has written about 105 books based on his research work on various subjects.
- Some of his famous books are History of Nath Cult, Chakrapani, History of Datta Cult, Lajjagauri, Khandoba, Shree Tulja Bhavani and In Search of Indian Theater.
- Awards and Honours: Maharashtra Gaurav award, Sahitya Acadamy Award (1987), Maharashtra Sahitya Parishad award etc.