Mark Zuckerberg Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Zonel Sougaijam, a civil engineer from Manipur was included in Facebook Hall of Fame 2019, for detecting a WhatsApp bug that violated privacy of a user.
- Facebook, the social media giant honoured 22-year-old Mr. Sougaijam, by including him in Facebook Hall of Fame 2019 and also awarded $5000.
- His name is currently at 16th position in a list of 94 people who are included in Facebook Hall of Fame for this year.
- WhatsApp Bug: During a voice call via WhatsApp, the bug instilled used to allow caller to upgrade it to a video call even without the authorisation and knowledge of receiver. The WhatsApp caller was then able to see what other person on receiving end is doing, thus violating the privacy of receiver.
- Sougaijam discovered this bug and reported the matter in March 2019 to Bug Bounty Program of Facebook, which deals with matters of violation privacy. The Facebook Security team acknowledged his report and its technical department fixed the bug within 15-20 days.
- Facebook, the social media giant is owned by Mark Zuckerberg, who purchased WhatsApp messaging service in February 2014 for a staggerring $19 billion.
Tags: Bug Bounty Program of Facebook • Cybersecurity • Facebook Hall of Fame 2019 • Manipur • Mark Zuckerberg
Founder and CEO of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, is in New Delhi on a two day visit to India. He will launch the global internet project, Internet.org in Delhi.
While in India, Zuckerberg met PM Modi and later spoke of Digital India initiative and said it was a positive development. His visit comes months after the visit of Facebook COO, Sheryl Sandberg.
Internet.org is a global partnership between leaders in the field of technology, NGOs, local communities and experts who work together to bring internet connectivity to the two-thirds of world’s population that doesn’t have access to internet now.
Through Internet.org, Zuckerberg aims to make internet more accessible and affordable to all people around the world. In the next five years, the project aims to provide internet connectivity to 5 billion people in the world.
Tags: Mark Zuckerberg • Narendra Modi