Max Verstappen Current Affairs - 2020
Lewis Hamilton won the Formula One Spanish Grand Prix at Circuit de Catalunya, in Barcelona and the Mercedes sealed its fifth consecutive one-two finish.
- At this Spanish Grand Prix, Mercedes matched the record of five successive Formula One one-twos. as Lewis Hamilton beat his teammate and pole-sitter Valtteri Bottas.
- It is only the fifth time in Formula One (F1) history that a team has taken top two spaces for five straight races and only third instance of Mercedes achieving feat since 2014.
- Lewis Hamilton overtook his teammate and pole-sitter, Valtteri Bottas at turn one and stayed in front, thus winning Spanish Grand Prix for a third consecutive year.
- This was the five-time and defending champion, L. Hamilton’s 76th career victory. With this win he moved back to the top of drivers’ standings. Ahead of him only Michael Schumacher has more with 91 career victory.
- The second and third places were held by Valtteri Bottas in his Mercedes and Max Verstappen in his Red Bull respectively.
About Spanish Grand Prix
- The Formula One (or F1) is the highest class of single-seater auto racing in which term word “formula” name refers to set of rules which is to be met by all participants’ cars.
- The Spanish Grand Prix is a Formula One (F1) race which was held at Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona, Spain. It has a Circuit length of 4.655 km and Race length of 307.104 km.
- The Grands Prix is the French word for ‘grand prizes’ or ‘great prizes’.
Tags: Barcelona • Circuit de Catalunya • Formula One • Lewis Hamilton • Max Verstappen
Red Bull F1 driver Max Verstappen (18) from Netherlands created history by becoming Formula One’s youngest race winner.
He achieved this feat after winning the 2016 Spanish Grand Prix, which was his debut race for Red Bull at the age of 18.
He was able to win the Spanish Grand Prix by maintaining lead position after Mercedes teammates Lewis Hamilton and Nico Roseberg crashed into each other in the 1st lap of race.
About Max Verstappen
- Born on 30 September 1997 in Hasselt, Belgium.
- He is the son of former F1 driver Jos Verstappen.
- So far, he is the youngest driver to compete in the history of the F1 after he made his debut at age of 17 years, 166 days,at the 2015 Australian Grand Prix for Toro Rosso.
- He had entered 2015 F1 season with Italian team Toro Rosso. In 2016 season, he was promoted by Red Bull as a replacement for Daniil Kvyat.
- Verstappen is also the youngest driver to lead a lap during a Formula 1 Grand Prix and also the youngest driver to secure a podium.