Meghalaya Current Affairs - 2020
Itanagar becomes the 2nd state capital amongst the capitals in NE India to be put on Rail Map of India
Itanagar (Capital of Arunachal Pradesh) became the 2nd state capital after the Capital of Assam: Dispur (whose nearest Railway Station is Guwahati, distance: 5-7 km only), amongst the capitals in NE India to be put on Rail Map of India. The first passenger train which started from Dekargaon (Assam) at 7 am and covering a distance of 181 km arrived at Itanagar Railway Station 12:30 pm.
- North Eastern India comprises of Seven Sister States + Sikkim
- Seven Sister States also called “Paradise Unexplored” are Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura
Tags: Arunachal Pradesh • Assam • Current Affairs 2014 • Indian Railways • Manipur
In order to help voters to locate their respective polling stations, the Election Commission launched an SMS based service “Polling at your fingertips” in Shillong, Meghalaya.
SMS service “Polling at your fingertips”:
- Voters have to type their Elector’s Photo Identity Card (EPIC) number and send it to 98560-66666 and within a few minutes, details of electoral roll, timing and date of the election and name and address of the polling station is delivered to the mobile number.
- Objective: To help the voters in locating their polling stations and to reach their actual designated polling stations.
- An SMS will be charged at Rs.3.
In case, voters do not receive any response after sending EPIC number, they should immediately contact their respective deputy commissioner’s offices.