Memorandum of Cooperation Current Affairs
Union Cabinet has approved Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) between India and Finland on Environmental Cooperation. The MoC will enable establishment and promotion of closer and long-term cooperation between two countries in field of environment protection and management of natural resources on basis of equity, reciprocity and mutual benefits. For this it will take into account applicable laws and legal provisions in each country. It is also expected to bring in latest technologies and best practices suited for bringing about better environment protection, better conservation and better management of climate change and wildlife protection and conservation.
Areas of cooperation under MoC
- Climate change.
- Conservation of Marine and Coastal Resources
- Waste management and waste-to-energy technologies.
- Integrated water management of Oceanic and Sea Islands.
- Environmental and Forest monitoring and data management.
- Air and water pollution prevention and purification, remediation of contaminated soils.
- Promotion of circular economy, sustainable management of natural resources and low-carbon solutions.
- Any other areas jointly decided upon.