Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
John Bailey, President of Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences which is popularly known as Oscar Academy, e-launched the Hindi translation of Academy Publication “Digital Dilemma”, in Delhi. The Oscar Academy works towards goal of advancing arts and sciences of motion pictures.
- Oscar Academy President John Bailey launched Hindi version of ‘Digital Dilemma’ by National Film Archive of India (NFAI).
- Developments: The Academy’s Science and Technology Council in its landmark report, examined ways in which key players in movie business currently stores and access digital data. With years of research the S&T council discovered that issues related to digital storage reliability are far beyond lost snapshots and spreadsheets.
- Digital Dilemma: an Academy publication is written by Milt Shelton and Andy Maltz and has been translated in many global languages. It discusses challenges of efficiently archiving and accessing massive data in the long term.
- MoU: National Film Archive of India (NFAI) had signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Oscar Academy to translate the publication into Hindi so that it can benefit various stakeholders in India. The NFAI emphasised on need of Hindi version of publication so that it would benefit different stakeholders in country.
- NFAI: is India’s premier organisation in film preservation, conservation and restoration. It runs under the aegis of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- Significance: the translation of the Academy publication into hindi is important so as to reach out to the film fraternity in India. The technological changes in the film storage mediums throw many challenges thus this book will help film makers in understanding and planning the storage of born-digital material.
Tags: Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences • Digital Dilemma • Indian Film Industry • Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) • National Film Archive of India (NFAI)
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) under Ministry of Science and Technology and Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), under Prime Minister of India has signed an memorandum of understanding (MoU) for supporting a joint collaborative research programmes in area of Cancer.
Key Highlights on MoU
- About: The MoU for Joint Collaboration on Cancer Research was signed between DBT and DAE. The DAE was represented by its Tata Memorial Centre, which also functions as coordinating centre on behalf of The National Cancer Grid of India.
- Objective: to work towards common goal of tackling cancer and also to bring a quantum change in present scenario of cancer research.
- The clinicians shall work in coherence with Researchers to identify and develop collaborative research programmes as well as public health initiatives for public awareness at large.
- Activities: such as intensive workshops on clinical research methodologies, joint clinical fellowships and protocol development shall help towards creating a trained manpower community and will provide a platform to utilize their acquired skills in best possible manner.
- MoU shall help strengthen various initiatives mandatorily for cancer by:
- Strategizing and prioritizing cancer research.
- Developing new and affordable technologies.
- Jointly designing and funding clinical trials.
- Coordinating and collaborating for translational research, interventions, training of manpower and infrastructure development.
Tags: Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) • Department of Biotechnology (DBT) • Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) • Ministry of Science and Technology • MoU