Merged Reality Current Affairs
Tech giant Intel has unveiled Project Alloy, a device that creates merged reality.
Project Alloy is a headset that uses the RealSense technology to enable people to use their hands to interact with elements of the virtual world without using cables to connect computer.
What is Merged reality?
- Merged reality is a new way of experiencing virtual reality and real world together, using cutting-edge technology.
- It digitises the real world and allows people to experience the virtual world without coming into conflict with the real world.
- The merged reality is more dynamic and natural compared to virtual reality. Unlike virtual reality, merged reality needs the right combination software and hardware.
- One example of merged reality is playing two musical instruments at the same time. It means that person can play a virtual piano with one hand and a cello with the other.
- Besides, using it one could go right into the centre of a basketball court and watch the match.