Microsoft India Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Microsoft India launched a new e-commerce platform ‘re-weave.in’ under project ReWeave to aid handloom weavers.
Benefits of e-commerce platform
The e-commerce platform would provide the following benefits:
- The e-commerce platform would connect artisans to the buyers directly enabling them to expand to newer customers and markets.
- Provide a platform to showcase signature collections created by the weaver communities, showcase traditional designs and products created from natural dyes to a broad set of customers.
- The e-commerce platform would aid in weavers in increasing their income and earning a sustainable livelihood while also reviving traditional forgotten Indian art.
Project ReWeave was initiated by Microsoft India (R&D) Pvt. Limited in 2016 as part of its Philanthropies efforts, with the aim to revive the handloom weaving ecosystem in India. Under the initiative, Microsoft is working closely with NGO partner, Chaitanya Bharathi to provide infrastructure, financing and marketing support to help weaver families keep their weaving traditions alive by sustaining livelihoods.
State-run telecom giant Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has signed a strategic business Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Microsoft India.
The MoU was signed to offer telecom and IT solutions for big businesses to meet the demand for IT and cloud services.
- The MoU will help BSNL to cater its end-to-end needs of enterprise customers involving many allied services in the field of IT, cloud infrastructure, software as a service, audio-video solutions etc.
- BSNL has large share in landline network, including leased line connectivity to various enterprises.
- This initiative will not have any commercial or legal commitments at this juncture and actual relevant business agreements on case to case basis.
- It would be done by the respective business verticals of BSNL by entering into multilateral or bilateral specific business agreements after following the necessary guidelines.