India and Jordan have signed six Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) in various fields.
These MoUs were signed in presence of Jordanian Prime Minister Abdullah Ensour and Indian President Pranab Mukherjee in Amman.
Jordan was first leg of President Pranab Mukherjee’s official three Middle East nations tour to Jordan, Palestine and Israel.
The agreements signed are
- MoU on executive programme for cultural exchange between the Jordanian and Indian governments.
- MoU on Communication and Information Technology to cooperate in the field of ICT and electronics fields.
- MoU between Jordan News Agency Petra and the Press Trust of India (PTI).
- MoU on Maritime Transport Sector.
- MoU between Jordan Institute of Diplomacy and Indian Foreign Service Institute (IFSI).
- MoU between Indian Metrological Department (IMD) and Jordan Standards and Metrology Organisation to cooperate in assessment techniques.
President Pranab Mukherjee also inaugurated a street named after Mahatma Gandhi in Amman and planted an Olive tree in peace park. Jordan has fully assured support to India’s candidature in the expanded United Nations Security Council (UNSC). Both countries also assured to enhance their cooperation in counter-terrorism and defence.