Military Excercise Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Indian Army to conduct exercise codenamed as ‘Sindhu Sudarshan’ in the deserts of Rajasthan from 29 November to 4 December 2019. More than 40,000 troops will be participating in an all-arms battle array of Divisions and Brigades carrying out offensive operations in deserts. The exercise will showcase a high degree of synergy between the Indian Army and Indian Air Force.
About Exercise ‘Sindhu Sudarshan’
The Exercise underscores Indian Army’s resolve to implement integrated launch of Strike Corps in developed and desert terrain in unison with its clear pro-active strategy using Integrated Battle Groups (IBGs) along the Western Front. The IBGs are the new formations being raised by force for warfighting in future.
The military exercise will witness Indian Army assessing operational efficiency of Strike Corps to fight in desert terrain as well as Indian Air Force (IAF) to provide intimate support in terms of destruction of targets and airlifting troops. It will be conducted to evaluate defence services capabilities to strike deep into enemy territory in an integrated air-land battle.
This will also provide unique opportunity to employ entire mechanised formations consisting of Tanks and Infantry Combat Vehicles (ICV) in order to evaluate capability to strike deep along Western Borders.
The exercise is unique in scope as well as scale. It will simulate battlefield conditions and will focus on fine-tuning destruction and/or surveillance mechanisms to support precision strikes as well as manoeuvres by network-enabled forces.
Tags: Indian Air Force • Indian Army • Integrated Battle Groups • Military Excercise • Sindhu Sudarshan
The United States and Thailand are hosting the multi-nation Cobra military exercise this year. The exercise is taking place in the northern Thai province of Phitsanulok. 10000 personnel, 29 nations are taking part as participants or observers.
About Cobra Gold Exercise
- It is one of the Asia-Pacific region’s largest multinational military exercises that is held in Thailand every year.
- It was first held in 1982 and its headquarters is in Bangkok, Thailand.
- This is a Thai-American initiative with an aim to improve coordination between the armed forces.
- India joined this exercise for the first time in 2016 while China was admitted for the first time in 2015 but was only allowed to participate in humanitarian assistance training.
- This exercise improved coordination among the military in response to natural disaster. Some of the examples are the Indian Ocean tsunami 2004, 2011 Tōhoku tsunami, Typhoon Haiya etc.
- This year it is the 38th edition of this exercise and it will see active participation from Singapore, Japan, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia and South Korea, Thailand, and the United States.
- The exercise will include three components: military field training, humanitarian assistance, and disaster relief training.
- India is participating in this exercise with a 14 member contingent.
What is Phitsanulok?
It is the capital of Phitsanulok Province and is located in the north of Thailand is on the banks of the Nan river. It is one of the oldest cities of Thailand.