Military Exercise Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India-China Joint Military Training Exercise Hand in Hand 2015 concluded at Kunming Military Academy in Yunnan province of China.
It was fifth edition of the exercise between the two countries which had started on 12 October 2015.
The 12 day exercise concluded with a Joint Field Exercise between armies of both countries followed by a closing ceremony.
- Participating troops from both sides learned and trained together from each other in mixed groups on Basic Individual Skills and Comprehensive Combat Skills.
- The joint exercise also met its stated objectives by exchanging experience on counter-terrorist training and conducting counter-terrorist operations.
- It also enhanced mutual trust and understanding and promoted healthy military relations between the two armies
- This edition of exercise also gave emphasis on joint handling of counter terrorism, insurgency at sub-unit level and related issues.
- It also covered aspect of Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief at formation headquarters level.
It should be noted that the Hand-in-Hand series of joint military exercise between armies of India and China was started in 2007.
Tags: Current Affairs 2016 • Defence • India-China • Indian Military Exercises • Military Exercise
North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) has launched Trident Juncture Military Exercise in Italy to test the alliance’s ability to respond to new security threats.
It will also demonstrate NATO’s capability to deal with conventional military engagements to more subtle hybrid warfare techniques and propaganda.
It is the biggest military exercise conducted by alliance in past 13 years as it has mobilized around 36,000 soldiers, sailors and airmen from more than 30 countries of NATO.
- The operational centre for the exercise is based in the Sicilian city Trapani (Italy). It will take place till early November 2015 and extend into Spain, Portugal and adjacent waters.
- The exercise envisions a fictitious invasion of a small alliance member by a large country, followed by creating a crisis with ethnic and religious dimensions.
- It also envisions threats to energy supplies and navigational freedom along with risks of terrorism and cyberattacks.
Last time such large-scale military exercises were held during the Cold War era. But now they are held due to recent changes in global geopolitical scenario in Mediterranean and West Asian region.
The geopolitical scenario has changed after Russia’s annexation of Crimea peninsula of Ukraine in February 2014 followed by support of eastern Ukrainian separatists and attacks against moderate rebels in Syria.