Ministry for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Samsung Signs MoU with Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) to Set Up 2 more Tech Schools
Samsung India has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) for setting up two new Samsung Technical Schools in Bengaluru and Jamshedpur as well as to renew the partnership for 10 existing schools being run across the country.
As a part of Samsung’s commitment to government’s Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao campaign, the company has announced the MSME-Samsung Technical School Scholarship programme for girls and differently-abled trainees. Under this Programme, 1,000 girls and differently-abled trainees will be given a grant of up to Rs. 20,000. Also, a Meritorious Reward Programme for toppers has also been launched. The toppers among Samsung Technical School students will also be rewarded Rs 20,000.
Samsung already runs 10 schools in the Sates of Rajasthan, Kerala, Bihar, Delhi and West Bengal. These schools are run in collaboration with Departments of Technical Education.
Samsung is a South Korean multinational conglomerate headquartered in Seoul. Samsung was founded in 1938 by Lee Byung-Chul. The group has diversified into areas including electronics, heavy industries, food processing, textiles, insurance, securities, retail, construction, ship building among others.
Tags: Ministry for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship • MSME • National • Skill development
The Union Cabinet has approved the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) to provide skills training to youth across the country.
Decision in this regard was taken in the Union Cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi.
About Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
- The PMKVY Scheme will be implemented by the Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship through the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC).
- It will provide skills training to youth, including class 10 and 12 drop outs and aims to cover about 24 lakh people.
- The target for skilling under the scheme will be associated with Union Government’s flagship programmes such as Make in India, Digital India, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and National Solar Mission.
- The skill training will involve soft skills, good work ethics, personal grooming, behavioural change for cleanliness etc.
- Inspection of training under PMKVY will be done by Sector Skill Councils and the repective State Governments.
- The skill training will be undertaken on the basis of demand assessed on the basis of skill gap studies conducted by the NSDC for the period 2013-17.
- Fund Allocation- The scheme will be implemented with an outlay of 1, 500 crore rupees.
- Of the total 1,500 crore rupees, about 1,120 crore rupees will be spent on skill training of 14 lakh youth.
- 150 crore rupees allocated for training of youth from the North-East region.