Ministry of AYUSH Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
A Two-day Yoga Mahotsava which will be a Curtain Raiser for upcoming International Day of Yoga (IDY) 2019 was inaugurated by Shri Rajeev Kumar, Vice-Chairman, NITI AYOG at New Delhi. He also presented theme for IDY 2019 as ‘Yoga for Heart’.
- Objective: To sensitize the masses for celebration of IDY 2019, this will be observed on 21 June.
- Organised by: The Yoga Mahotsav-2019 is being organised by Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY) under Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH).
- Significance: Yoga teaches us to live with nature rather than conquering it which makes the Indian Philosophy of ‘Vasudhaiv Kutubkam’ possible and promotes harmony and peace across globe.
- Apps Launched: On the occasion Ministry of AYUSH announced two Applications elated to International Day of Yoga 2019-
- Yoga Locator– which is specially designed for IDY to record and show Yoga events across the world.
- Bhuvan App – which has been designed in collaboration with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). It will provide geo time location and documentation during IDY 2019.
- Sessions: in a two day Yoga Mahotsav-2019 several special sessions were also organised-
- Know about Yoga – for the Yoga enthusiasts, in this session historical, medical and educational prospects of Yoga will be discussed with participants in detail.
- My self-experience in Yoga-A Motivational Journey – is an exclusive session which is being held seeing the participation of huge number of youngsters, an exclusive session.
- Celebrity Sessions – is specially scheduled session.
International Yoga Day is one of the biggest mass movement for health and wellness. In today’s world natural and traditional medicine system is flourishing not only in India but across the globe. Therefore, Ministry of AYUSH strives towards research and development of yoga, Ayurveda and other natural and traditional medicinal systems. The need is also to popularizing the yogic culture through the medium of social media.
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between the Ministry of AYUSH and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) for cooperation in research and education in areas of traditional systems of medicine and its integration with modern science.
About the MoU
The MoU was aimed to bring both Ministry of Ayush and CSIR under an umbrella understanding for pursuing focused R&D efforts in the domain. Under the MoU, Both organizations shall jointly endeavour to pursue: R&D covering
- Fundamental research.
- AYUSH specific diagnostic tools; linking microbiome, gene expression and Prakriti; multi-ingredient herbal formulations, including their standardization.
- Exploring modern scientific methods for integration with traditional Indian Systems of Medicine (ISM).
- Linking disease signatures.
- Furthering the collaboration in preserving and protecting traditional knowledge related to the Indian systems of healthcare, through the existing TKDL platform.
- Development of international standardized terminologies (disease-morbidity codes) in Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani (ASU), Database on Medicinal plants, Foods, etc.
Enhancing the collaboration through joint R&D efforts ranging from fundamental science to validation and thereafter product development, will significantly help in the growth of the Indian contributions to the traditional medicines sector, not only nationally but internationally as well.
The MoU also includes the pursuit of Data mining & analytics and Artificial Intelligence to enable and facilitate concepts such as “Traditional knowledge inspired drug discovery and development” and “Food as Medicine”.