Ministry of AYUSH Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) was signed between the Ministry of AYUSH and Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) for cooperation in research and education in areas of traditional systems of medicine and its integration with modern science.
About the MoU
The MoU was aimed to bring both Ministry of Ayush and CSIR under an umbrella understanding for pursuing focused R&D efforts in the domain. Under the MoU, Both organizations shall jointly endeavour to pursue: R&D covering
- Fundamental research.
- AYUSH specific diagnostic tools; linking microbiome, gene expression and Prakriti; multi-ingredient herbal formulations, including their standardization.
- Exploring modern scientific methods for integration with traditional Indian Systems of Medicine (ISM).
- Linking disease signatures.
- Furthering the collaboration in preserving and protecting traditional knowledge related to the Indian systems of healthcare, through the existing TKDL platform.
- Development of international standardized terminologies (disease-morbidity codes) in Ayurveda, Siddha and Unani (ASU), Database on Medicinal plants, Foods, etc.
Enhancing the collaboration through joint R&D efforts ranging from fundamental science to validation and thereafter product development, will significantly help in the growth of the Indian contributions to the traditional medicines sector, not only nationally but internationally as well.
The MoU also includes the pursuit of Data mining & analytics and Artificial Intelligence to enable and facilitate concepts such as “Traditional knowledge inspired drug discovery and development” and “Food as Medicine”.
Minister of State for AYUSH, Shri Shripad Yesso Naik launched the e-Aushadhi portal for online licensing of Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy drugs.
Features of the e-Aushadhi Portal
The new e-portal, e-Aushadhi is an acronym for Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy Automated Drug Help Initiative. The important features of the e-Aushadhi Portal are:
- The portal is intended to bring increased transparency, improved information management facility, improved data usability and increased accountability in the licensing of Ayurveda, Siddha, Unani and Homoeopathy drugs.
- The timelines will be fixed for processing of application through this portal with SMS and e-mail status updates at each step of the process.
- The portal will aid the licensing authority, manufactures and consumers, as it will provide real-time information of the licensed manufactures and their products, cancelled and spurious drugs, contact details of the concerned authority for specific grievances.
The launch of the e-Aushadhi portal for online licensing is part of governments commitment towards e-governance, ease of doing business and Make in India.