Ministry Of Culture Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Union Minister of State for Culture, Prahlad Singh Patel, inaugurated an e-portal and a YouTube channel of Rashtriya Centre for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT) at an ‘Digital Bharat-Digital Sanskriti’ program being held at CCRT headquarters, in New Delhi. Union Minister will also release a book titled ‘Dewas Ki Sanskritik Parampara’ written by Jeevan Singh Thakur and published by CCRT.
The CCRT e-portal and YouTube Channel (with support from Routes 2 Routes) was inaugurated with an aim to take India to a newer digital pinnacle and to promote Indian culture.
CCRT has also started publishing a books from the series- ‘Untold Tales of India’s Cities, in order to explore and understand unknown aspects of lesser-known places in India and their rural and semi-urban culture.
CCRT has also produced a documentary film called ‘Rahas’, with the objective that knowledge of different regional cultures provides understanding of Indian traditions. The program will have a brief presentation of film ‘Rahas’, which is based on Rasalila in Chhattisgarh.
About Centre for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT)
It is autonomous organisation under Union Ministry of Culture. It was established in May 1979, to support cultural education in country.
With its establishment it took over Scheme-Propagation of Culture among College as well as School students, which was earlier being implemented by Delhi University since 1970.
Tags: CCRT • CCRT e-portal • Dewas Ki Sanskritik Parampara • Ministry Of Culture • Prahlad Singh Patel
India will mark its second appearance world’s oldest Biennale Art event to be held in Venice, Italy. This year 2019 is its 58th session in which, 16 out of 400 Haripura session posters will go up on walls of India pavilion at 58th Venice Biennale.
Many countries such as Pakistan and Ghana will host pavilions for first time.
- India is participating in event after a gap of eight years.
- This will be only second time India will have a pavilion of its own at Venice Biennale.
- India decided to showcase Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi to ensure a memorable show at art event. India’s pavilion will be putting 16 Haripura posters on its walls.
- The task force for Arts of the Confederation of Indian Industry, will be propelled by Kiran Nadar Museum of Arts (KNMA), and seven Indian artists will be shown at India Pavilion
- The Ministry of Culture, Government of India has laid down theme for the Indian Pavilion as ‘150 years of Mahatma Gandhi’.
- In 1938, Mahatma Gandhi commissioned Indian modern artist Nandalal Bose to create 400 posters portraying different aspects of Indian life to be displayed at Indian National Congress’ session in Haripura, Gujarat.
58th Venice Biennale 2019
- Duration: It will take place for 6 months period from 11 May 2019 till 24November 2019.
- Theme for Biennale 2019 is ‘Our Time for a Future Caring’.
- The 58th International Art Exhibitions overarching title is ‘May You Live In Interesting Times’.
The Venice Biennale
- It is one of the biggest art events in the world, inaugurated in 8195 and organized by Biennale Foundation. It is a Biennial event means it is held every two years.
- It focuses on contemporary art, and includes events for art, contemporary dance, architecture, cinema and theatre.
Tags: 150 years of Mahatma Gandhi • 58th Venice Biennale • Biennale Foundation • Haripura posters • Haripura Session