Ministry of External Affairs Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
A month-long Festival of India in Nepal is being held at Nepal. Nepal’s Minister for Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation Rabindra Adhikari was the chief guest of the opening ceremony.
Festival of India in Nepal
- The Festival of India in Nepal is organised by the Swami Vivekananda Cultural Center at the Indian embassy in Kathmandu with support from India’s Ministry of culture.
- The Festival of India in Nepal is aimed at consolidating and strengthening our existing age-old relations, reinforcing sensibilities, affinities and shared cultural bonds between the people of our two countries.
- The Festival aims to contribute towards sustaining and enhancing mutual understanding between India and Nepal.
- On the opening day, the Sumit Roy Group depicted the life-span of the Buddha through melody and drama.
- The month-long festival will host cultural performances which include Mridangam instrumental performance by Pandit Yella Venkateshwara, Punjabi folk dance by Harinder Pal and group; Theatre art by Su-Samannaya group; Kathakali dance by Haripriya and group and Maithali Sons and Dances by Prangan Group.
- Together with cultural events the Festival also hosts an exhibition on Mahatma Gandhiji together with a speech competition on the Mahatma Gandhiji besides a seminar on Sanskrit.
Swami Vivekananda Cultural Center
Swami Vivekananda Cultural Centre (SVCC) aims to promote awareness of India’s composite cultural heritage and to strengthen the existing cultural ties across the world. The centres are run by Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India.
Tags: Festival of India in Nepal • India • India-Nepal • Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) • Indian embassy • Kathmandu • Mahatma Gandhiji • Ministry Of Culture • Ministry of External Affairs • Nepal • Sanskrit • Swami Vivekananda Cultural Center
The Ministry of External Affairs had organised a training course for the officials of the Government of Nepal on ‘Global Perspectives on Public Financial Management’ at the Institute of Government Accounts and Finance (INGAF) in New Delhi. The training programme was part of the Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC) programme.
It was a special tailor-made training programme on Public Finance Management designed at the request and requirement of the Ministry of Finance of Nepal for a total of 62 officials.
The training was aimed at enhancing the capabilities of the officials in global practices dealing with e-payment system, accounting & cash management, public borrowing system, accounting of foreign loans/grants and repayments, pension payment system, internal audit, fiscal responsibility and budget management, etc.
Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC)
The Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation (ITEC) Programme was instituted on 15 September 1964 as a bilateral programme for providing assistance from the Government of India. The ITEC programme was constituted based on the underlying belief that it was necessary to establish relations of mutual concern and inter-dependence based not only on commonly held ideals and aspirations but also on solid economic foundations. Technical and economic cooperation was considered to be one of the essential functions of an integrated and imaginative foreign policy.
The ITEC Programme is fully funded by the Government of India. Due to the various successful initiatives of ITEC, there is now a visible and growing awareness among other countries about the competence of India as a provider of technical know-how and expertise as well as training opportunities, consultancy services and feasibility studies. As a result, these programmes are generating immense goodwill and substantive cooperation towards India among the developing countries.
Tags: developing countries • Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation programme • Institute of Government Accounts and Finance • ITEC • Ministry of External Affairs • Nepal • Public Finance Management