Ministry of Human Resources and Development Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Ministry of Human Resources and Development has issued a statement about appointing Professor Najma Akhtar as vice–chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia University (JMI) by the President of India. She has been appointed for a period of five years. Professor Najma Akhtar will be the first woman to hold the post.
Professor Najma Akhtar is a gold medallist from Aligarh Muslim University. She has a Ph.D in Education from Kurukshetra University.
Professor Najma Akhtar also has been a Commonwealth Fellow for University Administration Course at University of Warwick and Nottingham. She has also trained at the International Institute of Educational Planning (IIEP), UNESCO, Paris.
Jamia Millia Islamia University
JMI is a public central University in New Delhi. JMI was founded on October 29, 1920, by nationalist Muslim leaders during British rule in Aligarh in the erstwhile United Provinces. Dr.Zakir Hussain was the first Vice-Chancellor of JMI. The Ali brothers, Moulana Mohammad Ali Jouhar and Moulana Shoukat Ali, especially played a major role in the establishment of JMI.
JMI became a central university by an act of the Indian Parliament in 1988. Manipur Governor Najma Heptulla is the chancellor of the varsity.
Tags: Ali brothers • Aligarh • Aligarh Muslim University • Dr.Zakir Hussain • Jamia Millia Islamia
Vice President Venkaiah Naidu conferred President’s Certificate of Honour and Maharshi Badrayan Vyas Samman Awards at New Delhi.
Presidential Award of Certificate
- The award of the Certificate of Honour was introduced in the year 1958 to honour the scholars of Sanskrit, Arabic and Persian Languages.
- It was extended to cover Pali/Prakrit in the year 1996.
- Further, the award was extended to cover languages of Classical Odiya, Classical Kannada, Classical Telugu, Classical Tamil and Classical Malayalam
- The award is conferred in recognition of the outstanding contribution of various scholars of eminence over 60 years of age.
Maharshi Badrayan Vyas Samman Awards
- Maharshi Badrayan Vyas Sammandistinction is conferred on persons in recognition of their substantial contribution in the field of Sanskrit, Persian, Arabic, Pali, Prakrit, Classical Odiya, Classical Kannada, Classical Telugu and Classical Malayalam.
- The award was introduced in the year 2002.
- The award is given to selected young scholars in the age group of 30 to 45 years.
- The Presidential award carries a certificate of honour, a memento and a one-time cash prize of Rs.1 lakh.
Both the awards are conferred by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development, Government of India.