Ministry of Human Resources Development Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Minister of State for Human Resources Development Sanjay Dhotre launched the Shala Darpan Portal for Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS). It is an end to end e-Governance school automation and management system for NVS.
What is Shala Darpan portal?
It provides an integrated platform to meet the educational and administrative needs of all stakeholders (students, parents and teachers) and is capable of sending and receiving effective dialogue between every stakeholder. It will integrate all Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas with a common standard which includes around 636 schools and 2.67 million students.
This single integrated platform is developed for knowledge dissemination and information sharing for 22,000 employees and more than 2 lakh students across NVS’s schools and offices. The platform at minimum cost of Rs.6 crore abides by Guidelines for Indian Government Websites(GIGS).
Major Components: It includes integrated content management portal which consists of 636 websites of Navodaya schools across India. It will contain information relating to service record, transfer or posting, disciplinary action and ACR tracking. Apart from strengthening budget and finance management system, the portal will also improve mess management and hostel conditions
This portal has been designed from Open Source Technology and hence the cost incurred was very low (meagre budget) and up-dation cost in future will remain low.
The major effect will be end to end info sharing, proper analytical details, better transparency in evaluation of teachers and students both, 654 bilingual platform for each schooland role-based access to have better evaluation at every stage.
What are Navodaya Vidyalayas?
They are co-educational residential schools established by Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti which is an autonomous organization under Union Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) to provide quality modern education. The Navodaya Vidyalayas and its teachers plays a crucial contribution in educationally uplifting the rural children.
Tags: e-governance • Ministry of Human Resources Development • Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti • Navodaya Vidyalayas • Sanjay Dhotre
After taking charge of his office, Union Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey held a first review meeting with senior officials of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) in which the decision was taken to waive off fee for SC/ST candidates joining vocational training under Jan Shikshan Sansthans.
- As per the decision taken at MSDE’ review meeting, all those SC/ST candidates who join vocational training under Jan Shikshan Sansthans (JSS), which operates under the aegis of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) their fees will be waived off.
- Background: In January 2019, comprehensive reforms were brought in for Directorate of Jan Shikshan Sansthan (DJSS), which was formerly under Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) and was transferred to Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship in 2018. This decision follows those recent comprehensive reforms.
- Objective: to further strengthen skill ecosystem so as to benefit those in underprivileged sections of society.
About Jan Shikshan Sansthans
- Background: The Jan Shikshan Santhan (JSS) scheme of was initially launched in 1967 as Shramik Vidyapeeth, a multi-faceted adult education institution that was aimed at improving vocational skills and quality of life of industrial workers and their family members and of migrants workers, coming to urban areas. In April 2000, Shramik Vidyapeeth scheme was renamed as Jan Shikshan Sansthan and its focus was also extended to the rural areas.
- Function: JSS imparts vocational skill training programmes and entrepreneurship benefits accessible to underprivileged and un-reached sections of society like SCs, STs, women and girls, neo-literates, semi-literates, slum dwellers, migrant workers.
- They do not provide just skill development, but also link literacy with vocational skills and technical knowledge and provide large doses of Life Enrichment Education (LEE) to the people enrolled.
- At present there are 247 JSSs working across the country.