Ministry of Information and Broadcasting Current Affairs
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has released the draft amendment bill to amend the Indian Cinematograph Act, 1952. The amendments are brought in counter the film piracy.
The features of the amendment bill are:
- To check piracy, particularly release of the pirated version of films on the internet which causes huge losses to the film industry and government exchequer, an enabling provision in the Cinematograph Act, 1952 would be added.
- The amendment bill aims to add a new sub-section (4) of section 7 of the Cinematograph Act, 1952.
- Under the amendment bill, the piracy would be a punishable offence with imprisonment of three years and fines of up to Rs 10 lakh or both.
- The punishment is prescribed those, who use any recording device to make or transmit a copy of the visual recording or sound recording of a film or attempts to make or transmit, or abet the making or transmission of such a copy without the written authorisation of the copyright owner.
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has invited the Comments on the draft Cinematograph Act (Amendment) Bill.
Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has appointed Brijendra Pal Singh as the new chairman and President of Film and Television Institute of India. He succeeded Anupam Kher, who had resigned from the post in October because of some international commitments.
Brijendra Pal Singh
- He is an alumnus of FTII of 1970-73 batch and done specialization in film cinematography.
- He is producer of the famous crime drama CID and completed a record of 21 years of continuous telecast on Sony TV.
- He also made his name in Limca book of world record for taking continuous shot of 111 minutes marking the completion of six years of crime drama CID.
- He served as chairman of FTII academic council and vice chairman of governing council.
Film and television Institute of India is an autonomous body established in 1960. It comes under Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. It is one of the members of International Liasion Centre of Schools of Cinema and Television which is world’s leading organization of schools of films and television. The institute is registered under Societies’ registration Act 1960.
It consists of a President who also serves as chairman of governing council and Standing Finance Committee. Governing council of FTII is responsible for all the important policy decision of institute. Director of Institute is responsible for implementation of policies.