Ministry of New and Renewable Energy Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment (GRIHA) Council has launched a rating tool ‘GRIHA for Existing Day Schools’ to evaluate the environmental performance of existing schools across India.
GRIHA for Existing Day Schools
- GRIHA for Existing Day Schools will work as an integrated tool to evaluate performance and provide solutions for enhanced energy and water efficiencies, increased thermal and visual comfort, and decreased operational and maintenance costs.
- The rating system is also aimed at familiarizing the students with the concepts of sustainability by involving them, under the guidance of their teachers, on evaluating the environmental impact of schools on the environment.
- The rating system will also provide the students and teachers with an opportunity to establish contact with nature and with each other using the approach of co-creation and understanding.
GRIHA Council is a registered society for the interaction on scientific and administrative issues related to sustainable habitats in the Indian context. It was founded by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) with support from the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy along with a variety of experts in the fields related to sustainability of built environment from across the country.
GRIHA Council promotes GRIHA- the National Rating System as a design and evaluation tool for green buildings and habitats.
The Union Cabinet headed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the setting up of National Mission on Transformative Mobility and Battery Storage and Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant will be the head the steering committee.
Mandate of the Mission
- The Mission will recommend and drive the strategies for transformative mobility and Phased Manufacturing Programmes for Electric Vehicles and its Components and Batteries.
- The National Mission on Transformative Mobility and Battery Storage will determine the contours of Phased Manufacturing Program (PMP) which will be launched to localize production across the entire EV value chain.
- The Mission will finalise the value addition that can be achieved with each phase of localisation with a clear Make in India strategy for the electric vehicle components as well as battery.
- The Mission will coordinate with key stakeholders in Ministries/ Departments and the states to integrate various initiatives to transform mobility in India.
Impact of the Mission
- The Mission will boost mobility solutions that will bring in significant benefits to the industry, economy and country.
- These solutions proposed by the Mission will help improve air quality in cities along with reducing India’s oil import dependence and enhance the uptake of renewable energy and storage solutions.
- The Mission will lay down the strategy and roadmap which will enable India to leverage upon its size and scale to develop a competitive domestic manufacturing ecosystem for electric mobility.
- The Mission will promote ‘Ease of Living’ and enhance the quality of life of our citizens and also provide employment opportunities through ‘Make-in-India’ across a range of skillsets.
The other members of the steering committee headed by the Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant are Secretaries from Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Ministry of Power, Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Department of Science and Technology, Department of Heavy Industry, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, and Director General, Bureau of Industrial Standards.
Tags: Bureau of Industrial Standards. • Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade. • Department of Heavy Industry • Department of Science and Technology • Ease of Living • Electric Vehicles • Make in India • Ministry of New and Renewable Energy • Ministry of Power • Ministry of Road Transport and Highways • National Mission on Transformative Mobility and Battery Storage • Niti Aayog • Phased Manufacturing Program • PHP