Ministry of Science & Technology Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The 5th India International Science Festival (IISF) is being held in Kolkata, West Bengal from 5-8 November 2019. The four-day festival was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi via video conference.
About 5th India International Science Festival (IISF)
IISF Objective: To instill scientific temper among people, showcase India’s contribution in field of Science and Technology as well as encourage translation of its benefits to people. It also aims to build a strategy for inclusive advancement of Science and Technology.
IISF 2019 theme: RISEN- Research, Innovation and Science Empowering the Nation.
The 5th edition of annual event is jointly organized by Union Ministry of Science & Technology and Earth Sciences and Vijnana Bharati (or VIBHA). More than 12,000 school and college students from across India are expected to attend event.
Four world records would be attempted at IISF includes- the largest astrophysics lesson and assembly of stereotypes by more than 1750 students, assembling Radio kits by more than 400 students, largest electronics lesson and assembly of optical media communication units at a single location with participation of over 950 students and largest human image of a human chromosome formed by more than 400 students.
Vigyanika– International Science Literature Festival and International Science Film Festival (ISFFI) would also be showcased at the festival.
The IISF was first started in 2015 with the vision of promoting science and technology by showing public how STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) provides us solutions to improve our lives. The first IISF was held at IIT Delhi in December 2015, in which India had set world record with 2000 school students performing two experiments.
Tags: IISF 2019 • International Science Film Festival • Kolkata • Ministry of Science & Technology • Vijnana Bharati
Vigyanika is the International Science Literature Festival that is organised as a part of fifth India International Science Festival (IISF) at Kolkata. It also features a Science Book Fair where more than 30 publishers are to display their scientific publications
Highlights of the event
- Vigyanika is an annual event organised by Ministry of Science and Technology and Earth Sciences
- It is coordinated by the CSIR-NISCAIR (National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources), Vigyan Bharati and Vigyan Prasar
- The event will host panel discussions, paper presentations and invited talks on themes related to public engagement with science, science communication.
- It will also feature innovative formats of science communication such as poetry, drama and magic.
- The Science Book Fair is the most attractive feature of the event. Several Scientific institutes will also display their scientific publications that includes journals, encyclopedias, science magazines and other knowledge products. The fair is also organizing competitions like debates, cartoon, etc on scientific topics