Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
After taking charge of his office, Union Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey held a first review meeting with senior officials of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) in which the decision was taken to waive off fee for SC/ST candidates joining vocational training under Jan Shikshan Sansthans.
- As per the decision taken at MSDE’ review meeting, all those SC/ST candidates who join vocational training under Jan Shikshan Sansthans (JSS), which operates under the aegis of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) their fees will be waived off.
- Background: In January 2019, comprehensive reforms were brought in for Directorate of Jan Shikshan Sansthan (DJSS), which was formerly under Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) and was transferred to Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship in 2018. This decision follows those recent comprehensive reforms.
- Objective: to further strengthen skill ecosystem so as to benefit those in underprivileged sections of society.
About Jan Shikshan Sansthans
- Background: The Jan Shikshan Santhan (JSS) scheme of was initially launched in 1967 as Shramik Vidyapeeth, a multi-faceted adult education institution that was aimed at improving vocational skills and quality of life of industrial workers and their family members and of migrants workers, coming to urban areas. In April 2000, Shramik Vidyapeeth scheme was renamed as Jan Shikshan Sansthan and its focus was also extended to the rural areas.
- Function: JSS imparts vocational skill training programmes and entrepreneurship benefits accessible to underprivileged and un-reached sections of society like SCs, STs, women and girls, neo-literates, semi-literates, slum dwellers, migrant workers.
- They do not provide just skill development, but also link literacy with vocational skills and technical knowledge and provide large doses of Life Enrichment Education (LEE) to the people enrolled.
- At present there are 247 JSSs working across the country.
Tags: Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey • Jan Shikshan Sansthan • MHRD • Ministry of Human Resources Development • Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship • MSDE • SC/ST candidates • Shramik Vidyapeeth • Union Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
Atal Innovation Mission and software major Adobe have signed a Statement of Intent to collaborate on enhancing digital literacy and creativity skills. Under the agreement, Adobe would implement the Digital Disha Programme across 100 schools under Atal Tinkering Labs (ATL) initiative.
Teachers and Children across these 100 schools would benefit from the creative learning resources via free access to Adobe Spark premium. This would empower them with new age skills to thrive in the current digital era and preparing them for long term success.
Atal Tinkering Labs
Atal Tinkering Labs is the flagship initiative undertaken by NITI Aayog under the Atal Innovation Mission. Atal Tinkering Labs are aimed at inculcating the values of innovation, technology and entrepreneurship amongst India’s youngsters. Atal Tinkering Labs are dedicated works spaces where students (Class 6th to Class 12th) learn innovation skills and develop ideas that will go on to transform India.
Digital Disha Programme
Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has partnered with Adobe to launch Adobe Digital Disha Programme. Under the Adobe Digital Disha Programme, the Adobe would provide Adobe Spark application, a fun and frictionless storytelling Creative Cloud application free of charge for education and skill development.
Tags: Adobe • Adobe Digital Disha Programme • Adobe Spark • Atal Innovation Mission • Atal Tinkering Labs • Digital Disha Programme • Digital Literacy • Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship • Niti Aayog