Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Atal Innovation Mission and software major Adobe have signed a Statement of Intent to collaborate on enhancing digital literacy and creativity skills. Under the agreement, Adobe would implement the Digital Disha Programme across 100 schools under Atal Tinkering Labs (ATL) initiative.
Teachers and Children across these 100 schools would benefit from the creative learning resources via free access to Adobe Spark premium. This would empower them with new age skills to thrive in the current digital era and preparing them for long term success.
Atal Tinkering Labs
Atal Tinkering Labs is the flagship initiative undertaken by NITI Aayog under the Atal Innovation Mission. Atal Tinkering Labs are aimed at inculcating the values of innovation, technology and entrepreneurship amongst India’s youngsters. Atal Tinkering Labs are dedicated works spaces where students (Class 6th to Class 12th) learn innovation skills and develop ideas that will go on to transform India.
Digital Disha Programme
Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has partnered with Adobe to launch Adobe Digital Disha Programme. Under the Adobe Digital Disha Programme, the Adobe would provide Adobe Spark application, a fun and frictionless storytelling Creative Cloud application free of charge for education and skill development.
Tags: Adobe • Adobe Digital Disha Programme • Adobe Spark • Atal Innovation Mission • Atal Tinkering Labs • Digital Disha Programme • Digital Literacy • Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship • Niti Aayog
The Union Minister of Human Resources and Development Prakash Javadekar launched the Scheme for Higher Education Youth in Apprenticeship and Skills (SHREYAS) programme to provide industry-specific apprenticeship opportunities to fresh graduates.
- SHREYAS is a programme basket comprising of three initiatives of the HRD, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, and the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
- SHREYAS focussed towards students primarily from non-technical courses will introduce employable skills into their learning, promote apprenticeship as integral to education and also amalgamate employment facilitating efforts of the government into the education system.
- SHREYAS will provide a platform wherein educational institutions and industry would log in and provide their respective demand and supply of apprenticeship.
- The programme promotes apprenticeship as an important part of education and integrates the government’s employment building efforts into the education system.
- These apprenticeship courses will be available to them from academic year April-May, 2019.
SHREYAS is a major effort in the direction to make degree students more skilled, capable, employable and aligned to the needs of our economy so that they contribute to country’s progress and also obtain gainful employment.
Tags: Apprenticeship Training • Ministry of Human Resource and Development • Ministry of Labour and Employment • Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship • Scheme for Higher Education Youth in Apprenticeship and Skills • SHREYAS • Union Minister of Human Resources and Development