Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has issued new guidelines for Jan Shikshan Sansthans (JSS). The new guidelines are issued as part of an attempt by the MSDE to re-energize and reinvigorate the Jan Shikshan Sansthans. The highlights of these guidelines are:
- Alignment of JSS course and curriculum with National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) to standardize training.
- Decentralization of powers for JSSs by providing accountability and independence to district administration.
- To identify and promote traditional skills in the district through skilling / upskilling.
- Evidence-based assessment system.
- Easy Online certification.
- Linking JSS to Public Finance Management system to maintain transparency and accountability of the ecosystem.
- Creating livelihood linkages.
- Training of Trainers to develop the capacity through National Skills Training Institutes.
Jan Shikshan Sansthans (JSS)
Jan Shikshan Sansthans (JSS) were established to provide vocational training to non-literate, neo-literate, as well as school dropouts by identifying skills as would have a market in the region of their establishment. The scope of the JSS includes:
- Developing an appropriate curriculum and training modules covering vocational elements of general awareness and life enrichment components.
- Training equivalent to courses designed by the Directorate of Adult education, National Institute of Open Schooling and Director General Employment & Training.
- Provide training to a pool of resource persons and master trainers for conducting training and also the availability of infrastructure and training – specific equipment.
- Administer simple tests and award certificates
- Network with employers and industries for trainees to get suitable placements.
Previously under the Ministry of Human Resources Development, the JSS’s are now working under Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has also launched a new portal http://www.jss.gov.in which will furnish information on action plans, database of beneficiaries and stakeholders, details of finance and expenditure and other ongoing developments along with public log-in access.
Tags: Jan Shikshan Sansthans • Ministry of Human Resources Development • Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship • National Skill Qualification Framework • Public Finance Management System
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) presented the National Entrepreneurship Awards 2018 by honouring 30 outstanding young entrepreneurs and three entrepreneurship ecosystem builders for their exceptional contribution in entrepreneurship development at a ceremony held in New Delhi.
Those honoured included:
- Roshan Kahtoon, 23, from Bihar, who despite her physical disability, has beaten all odds and has set up a small bangle manufacturing unit.
- Shruthi Reddy Sethi, 33, of Kolkata, who began Anthyesti Funeral Services to provide end-to-end funeral management service.
- Tana Sumpaaged, 35, of the Nyishi tribe, Arunachal Pradesh, who is successfully running piggery farms and fisheries and helping local people, women, housewives and unemployed youth with quality training and livelihood support.
- Mahipal Chary Kadivendi, 38, of Telangana, who has developed a self-propelled weeder-cum-cultivator that can be used for a number of agricultural processes such as hoeing, weeding, tilling, sowing and also for applying fertilizer or insecticides.
National Entrepreneurship Awards
The National Entrepreneurship Awards was instituted by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship in 2016 to encourage a culture of entrepreneurship across the country.
Each of the enterprise/individual winners receives a trophy, certificate and a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh, while each of the winning organizations/institutes receives a trophy, certificate and a cash prize of Rs 10 lakh.
Tags: Mahipal Chary Kadivendi • Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship • National Entrepreneurship Awards • Roshan Kahtoon • Shruthi Reddy Sethi