Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has invited nomination for Vayoshreshtha Samman 2019 which is the National Awards for Senior Citizens for both Individuals and Institutions categories. The nominations should be sent by 31st May 2019.
About Vayoshrestha Sammans
- Background: The series of National Award-Vayoshreshtha Samman awards were instituted by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in 2005. In 2013 these were elevated to the level of national awards.
- It is an annual award which is conferred in thirteen categories.
- Nominees: The various Ministries and Departments of Government of India, their autonomous organistions, State Government, Union Territory’s (UT) Administration all can nominate suitable individuals and institutions for the said National Awards.
- Awardees: These are conferred to eminent senior citizens and Institutions who are involved in providing distinguished services for the cause of elderly persons.
- Awarded on: In general these are conferred by the President of India on 1st October each year on the occasion of International Day of Older Persons (IDOP).
Tags: IDOP • International Day of Older Persons • Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment • National Award • National Awards for Senior Citizens • Vayoshreshtha Samman Awards • Vayoshrestha Sammans
The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has set a new world record. The department had undertaken the Modern Artificial Limbs (Legs) implantation in Gujarat’s Bharuch. The implantation was carried out for 260 people in record eight hours. This was the seventh world record set by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities
Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities was created as a separate department on May 12, 2012, to give focused attention to Policy issues and meaningful thrust to the activities aimed at welfare and empowerment of the Persons with Disabilities. The department was renamed as Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities on 08.12.2014.
The Department serves as a nodal agency for matters pertaining to disability and Persons with Disabilities including effecting closer coordination among different stakeholders: related Central Ministries, State/UT Governments, NGOs etc. in matters pertaining to disability.
The vision of the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities is to build an inclusive society in which equal opportunities are provided for the growth and development of Persons with Disabilities so that they can lead productive, safe and dignified lives.