Minning Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Indian Bureau of Mines (IBM) has signed a MoU with the National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) to monitor the mining activities in the country through satellite technology.
As part of the MoU, IBM would set up an exclusive remote sensing cell under the technical guidance of the NRSC at its offices in Nagpur and Hyderabad.
- The remote sensing cell will utilise web-based Bhuvan GIS (Geographic Information System) services for monitoring mining activities.
- Initially pilot project will be undertaken to demonstrate the feasibility of using high resolution satellite imagery in monitoring the changes over a period of time in select group of mines.
- The pilot project will be launched in Odisha and Hospet sector of Karnataka to check and validate consistency of differential geo positioning system points.
- MoU envisage to train IBM staff to use the modern technology in the course of time and would be extended to the State Governments.
About Indian Bureau of Mines (IBM)
- IBM is a multi-disciplinary government organisation under the aegis of Department of Mines, of Union Ministry of Mines. It was established in 1948.
- It is engaged in promotion of scientific development of mineral resources, conservation and protection of environment in mines other than petroleum & natural gas, coal, atomic minerals and minor minerals.