missile technology Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Pakistan successfully tested its first indigenously built all-weather armed drone named Burraq and a laser guided missile named Barq.
By successfully testing of Burraq, Pakistan became the 9th country in the World to develop an unmanned combat aerial vehicle (UCAV) domestically.
- Dveloped by a venture of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) and the National Engineering and Scientific Commission (NESCOM).
- It is named after the flying horse of Islamic tradition.
- Burraq has ability to fly in all types of weather conditions.
- It has capability to strike its targets with pinpoint accuracy.
- With Barq laser-guided missile mounted on it, Burraq can hit moving targets as well as stationary targets with pinpoint accuracy.
- UCAV Burraq was first flight tested in May 2009.
At present, Pakistan has several types of unarmed surveillance drones in operation but Burraq and Shahpar are its domestically developed UCAVs.
Tags: Air Force • Current Affairs 2016 • missile technology • Pakistan
Pakistan on 9 March 2015 successfully conducted the first test of surface-to-surface Shaheen-III ballistic missile off the Arabian Sea.
The missile, also called White Falcon-III in English has been developed by Pakistan’s Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission (SUPARCO) and NESCOM along with its subsidiary NDC.
- Solid-fuelled multi stage ballistic missile.
- Capable of carrying both nuclear as well as conventional warheads.
- Range: 2,750 km.
Shaheen-III is going to replace Pakistan’s less advanced liquid-fueled mid-range nuclear capable Ghauri-III ballistic missile.