Missiles Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India successfully test fired a nuclear-capable Agni-IV strategic missile from the Wheeler Island off the Odisha coast near Dhamra in Bhadrak district, about 200 km from state capital Bhubaneswar.
About nuke-capable Agni-IV missile
- Type: Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile (surface-to-surface missile)
- Operational range: 4000 km
- Developed and tested by: Defense Research and Development Organisation(DRDO).
- Used by: Indian Army
- India’s second longest-range missile.
- Two stages of solid propulsion
- Payload with re-entry heat shield
Tags: Current Affairs 2014 • DRDO • Missiles
India’s Strategic Forces Command (SFC) successfully test-fired nuclear capable Prithvi II missile as part of a regular training exercise. The indigenously developed ballistic missile with a maximum range of 350 km was fired from Integrated Test Range at Chandipur in Balasore district, about 230 km from Bhubaneswar.
- First missile developed by DRDO under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Program (IGMDP)
- Medium: Surface-to-surface
- Fuel Type: Single-stage liquid fuelled
- Payload capacity: 500 to 1000 kg
- Range: 350km
- Variants: Prithvi I for Army, Prithvi II for Air Force and; Dhanush for the Navy
- Inducted into the SFC in 2003