Missiles Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India’s Strategic Forces Command (SFC) successfully test-fired nuclear-capable Dhanush ballistic missile from a naval ship off Odisha coast.
- Surface-to-surface missile developed by DRDO under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme (IGMDP)
- Naval variant of India’s indigenously developed ‘Prithvi’ missile
- Single-stage, liquid propelled
- Can carry conventional as well as nuclear payload of 500 to 1,000 kg and strike both land and sea-based targets
- Already inducted into the armed services
Tags: Current Affairs 2013 • DRDO • Missiles • Navy • Odhisha
DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organization) has developed a new tactical surface-to-surface missile Pragati which has a range between 60-170 km. India will offer the missile to friendly nations.
The Pragati missile is based on the Prahaar missile developed by the DRDO for the Army. The missile was the main exhibit of the DRDO which is showcasing an array of indigenous weapons at the Seoul International Aerospace and Defense Exhibition (ADEX 2013).
Besides ‘Pragati’ tactical missile, DRDO showcased, ‘Akash’ missile system and ‘Tejas’ LCA and its variants. The LCA is a DRDO project which is yet to be accomplished and the aircraft has not been inducted by the IAF as yet.