MNREGA Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The government of Madhya Pradesh has announced the Yuva Swabhiman Yojana to provide employment for the unemployed youth from the economically weaker sections of the society.
About the Scheme
The features of the Yuva Swabhiman Yojana scheme are:
- It aims to provide employment to the youth belonging to the weaker section of the society mainly in urban areas of the state.
- The scheme aims to provide 100 days of employment to youngsters from economically weaker sections of the society in urban areas.
- The youths would also be given skill training by the government.
The component of skill training has been added to enable the youth to explore the available opportunities. To enhance the job opportunities the government of Madhya Pradesh has also announced changes in industrial policy with a clause under which industries would be eligible to get the state government incentives only if they hire 70 per cent staff from Madhya Pradesh.
With this scheme, the government aims to cover those from urban centres who are left out from the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA). Since those in rural areas are covered under MNREGA, the scheme focuses on urban areas.
The Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has released a Facebook post titled ‘Benefits of the Aadhaar – where it stands today’ highlighting how the efficient use of the Aadhaar based identification has aided in improving the governance and in efficient delivery of services.
How Aadhaar has aided in reducing leakages?
The Finance Minister highlights the efficacy of Aadhaar in reducing leakages through following instances:
- The Minister cites that Aadhaar’s use in the delivery of subsidies has helped saved Rs 90,000 crore in the last few years till March 2018 by eliminating several duplicate, non-existent and fake beneficiaries.
- The Digital Dividend Report of the World Bank estimates that India can save Rs 77,000 crore every year by the use of Aadhaar.
The Minister further states from savings through efficient implementation of Aadhaar the government can fund three schemes of the size of Ayushman Bharat.
How Aadhaar benefitted the people?
The Minister notes that with Aadhaar the government was able to eliminate middlemen and the benefits of various welfare schemes were directed to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries. Under the schemes like
- PAHAL and Ujjwala beneficiaries are given cooking gas subsidies through direct benefit transfer (DBT) in their Aadhaar-linked bank accounts.
- 33 crore MGNREGA cardholders are getting wage payment directly through DBT in their bank accounts.
The Finance Minister gave special credits to Shri Nandan Nilekani who spearheaded the Aadhaar in the beginning days and Dr Ajay Bhushan Pandey, who subsequently provided it with the direction and expansion.