Mobile App Current Affairs - 2019
If you are looking for GKToday’s Current Affairs and GK android application, please click here.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Haryana Government has launched a mobile app named as ‘Shiksha Setu’ with an aim to help the students of the state. The ‘Shikhsa Setu’ App will help in bringing transparency in the Education Department and in the administration of colleges in the state. Also, the connectivity between students, parents, teachers and administration will be improved through this mobile application.
About Shikha Setu Mobile App:
- This mobile app will contain all the information related to attendance, fee, online admission and scholarships in all the Haryana government colleges.
- The details of lecturers of government colleges and officers of the Directorate can be accessed through the mobile app.
- The app will provide the students with instant information about assignments and updates of important notices, circulars and other programmes.
- There will be a facility of online fee-payment through the mobile app. The college administration will be able to check details about total fee collected and pending fee payments.
- The students can check the status of seats or course in every college in the state.
- The details of scholarship, eligibility conditions and details of applying can be checked
As per the 2011 Census, Haryana has 76.64% literacy rate, having Male literacy rate of 85.4% and the literacy rate of females stands at 66.8%.
Election Commission of India (ECI) is launching multi-lingual mobile application called Model Code of Conduct Violation Reporting App ahead of the 2019 Lok Sabha polls. The app aims at empowering people across the country to share evidence of malpractice by political parties, their candidates and activists directly with ECI.
Through this mobile app, ECI intends to encourage larger public participation in checking corrupt practices in elections and ensure free and fair election process. The app will be launched across the country as part of steps taken by ECI to prevent abuse of money and muscle power.
The app allows sharing of photos and short audio and video clips related to electoral malpractices from spot itself. It also records geo-location of reported incidents and the officials concerned will immediately receive the alerts. This will ensure an effective response.
The app was made available for first time in Bengaluru (capital of Karnataka) in run-up to recently concluded state assembly elections. It had registered total of 780 downloads and complaints were received from users. Accordingly, officials concerned in all the cases had taken actions.
Election Commission of India (ECI)
ECI is permanent and independent constitutional body established directly by Constitution of India to ensure fair and fair elections in the country. It is multi-member body and currently has three members including Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) appointed by President of India.