Mohammed Shahid Current Affairs
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Noted Indian hockey player Mohammed Shahid passed away due to multiple organ failure in Gurugram, Haryana. He was 56.
Mohammed Shahid was a member of the V Baskaran-led Indian team that won a Gold medal at the 1980 Moscow Olympics.
About Mohammed Shahid
- He was born on April 14, 1960, Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
- He had made his first appearance for India at international level in the junior team in 1979 at the Junior World Cup held in France.
- He was considered one of India’s greatest hockey players. He was known for his dribbling skills.
- He was also a member of the Indian hockey team that had won silver medal at the 1982 Asian Games and bronze medal at the 1986 Asian Games.
- His biggest contribution to the game of Hockey was the ‘half push- half hit’. It was a stroke he used to hit the ball using the same grip used to dribble the ball.
- Awards and Honours: Arjuna Award (1981) and Padma Shri (1986).