MyGov portal Current Affairs - 2020
For building an Aatmanirbhar Bharat using Digital Technologies, an App Innovation Challenge was launched on 4th July 2020 by the Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi. In partnership with NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission, the App Innovation Challenge is an initiative by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
Objective of the App Innovation Challenge
The objective is to explore the vibrant tech and startup ecosystem that India has by identifying those existing Applications from each respective category (that are already in use in the country), those have the potential to become a world-class application.
The Innovation Challenge will further provide a platform for providing momentum and mentorship to the innovative efforts made by an individual or entity.
App Innovation Challenge
The App Innovation Challenge will be conducted in two tracks:
- Track 1: Existing Application having the potential to become a world-class application will be identified from 8 different categories (E-learning, Health & Wellness, News, Social Networking, Office Productivity & Work from Home, Entertainment, and Business). Each of the 8 categories will be having several subcategories. Cash rewards and Incentives will be provided to applications that feature in the leader boards. Track-1 is likely to be completed in a month. For participation under Track 1, individuals and entities can submit their entries online from 4th July to 18th July by visiting the MyGov portal.
- Track 2: This Track will begin after the completion of Track 1. Track 2 will run for a longer duration of time. Under this Track new application based innovation, ideas, etc from individuals, start-ups, entities will be participating. The details about Track 2 will be issued later by the Ministry.
Tags: Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology • MyGov portal • Niti Aayog • Prime Minister Narendra Modi
NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission and MyGov has jointly launched ‘#InnovateIndia Platform’ (https://innovate.mygov.in/innovateindia/). It is citizen centric platform that aims to serve as common point for all innovation happening across the nation.
Innovate India Platform
It creates much-needed innovations platform for registering both grassroots and deep-tech innovators at national level. It will help those who are searching for critical innovation for benefit of the economy as well as national social needs. It is open to all Indian citizens. Using it, users can view, comment, share, and rate innovations crowdsourced on #InnovateIndia platform. They can view leaderboard which is calculated based on votes on each innovation. It allows citizens to share their organizations or someone else’s innovation on platform by login to MyGov website. These innovations also can be shared on various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp.
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)
AIM is NITI Aayog’s flagship initiative to promote culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country. It is mandated to create umbrella structure to oversee innovation ecosystem of country and revolutionizing innovation eco-system – touching upon entire innovation life cycle through various programs.
- Develop new programmes and policies for fostering innovation in different sectors of economy.
- Provide platform and collaboration opportunities for different stakeholders, create awareness.
- Create umbrella structure to oversee innovation ecosystem of the country.
The sub-schemes of AIM include establishing Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs) and Atal Incubation Centers (AICs), for providing scaling up support to Established Incubation Centres. It also includes finding ultra-low cost solution to India’s most intractable problems through Atal Grand Challenges and Atal Vikas Challenges.
It is citizen engagement platform launched by Central Government in 2014 to promote active participation of citizens in country’s governance and development. Its objective is to create common platform for Indian citizens to crowdsource governance ideas from citizens. It allows users (citizens) to discuss and contribute on various government projects and plans. It is hosted and managed by the National Informatics Centre (NIC).