Narayana Ramachandran Current Affairs - 2020
President Indian Olympic Association (IOA) N. Ramachandran was awarded the Olympic Order for his outstanding services to the Olympic movement.
The award was formally bestowed upon him by the President of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Thomas Bach.
About Narayana Ramachandran
- He is an Indian squash administrator.
- Currently he serves as current President of WSF (World Squash Federation) since 2008.
- Since February 2014 he is serving the president of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA).
- He is the brother of the former Chairman of BCCI and ICC, N Srinivasan.
About Olympic Order Award
- Olympic Order Award is the highest award of the Olympic Movement. It is awarded in recognition of efforts worthy of merit in the cause of sport.
- It was established in May 1975 as a successor to the Olympic Certificate by the International Olympic Committee.
- The award is bestowed upon the recipient at the closing ceremony of each respective Olympic Games as per the tradition.