Narendra Modi Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated HPCL Rajasthan Refinery Ltd (HRRL) project commencement of oil refinery in Rajasthan’s Barmer district. It is first oil refinery to be set up in Rajasthan.
The project is undertaken as joint venture between Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) and the Rajasthan government. HPCL owns 74% stake in the project, while the state government owns 26%.
The project includes refinery and petroleum complex of 9 MMTPA capacity. It is expected to be operational in 4 years (2022-23) at a cost of Rs 43000 crores. It is largest investment in the state till date. It is expected to give major impetus to state’s economy and will bring to the state an additional income of Rs 34000 crores.
It is also expected to generate thousands of direct and indirect employment opportunities. Further, it is expected to bring an unprecedented surge in ancillary units, infrastructure development, improvement of healthcare services and establishment of education institutions in Western Rajasthan,
India and Israel have signed nine agreements to boost cooperation in the areas of space, cyber security and oil and gas between both countries.
The agreements were signed following delegation-level talks headed by Prime Ministers Narendra Modi and his Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu in New Delhi. Netanyahu is first Israeli Prime Minister to visit India in span of last 15 years and second one overall. Ariel Sharon was first and only Israeli Prime Minister to visit India in 2003.
List of agreement signed
- Agreement on Film-co-production.
- Protocol on Amendments to Air Transport Agreement
- MoU on Cyber Security Cooperation between India and Israel
- Memorandum of Intent (MoI) between Invest India and Invest in Israel
- Medical Centre on Cooperation in field of Research in Homeopathic Medicine
- Letter of Intent (LoU) between IOCL and Phinergy Ltd. For cooperation in area of metal-air batteries
- MoU between the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas and the Ministry of Energy on Cooperation inOil and Gas Sector
- LoI between IOCL and Yeda Research and Development Co Ltd for cooperation in the area of concentrated solar thermal technologies
- MoU between Central Council for Research in Homeopathy, Ministry of AYUSH and Centre for Integrative Complementary Medicine, Shaare Zedek
- MoU between Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) and Technion- Israel Institute of Technology for cooperation in field of space.