Narendra Modi Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated 105th session of Indian Science Congress (ISC) at Manipur Central University in Imphal. The focal theme of 5-day ISC is “Reaching the Unreached Through Science & Technology”.
The ISC 2018 was organised by the Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA), a premier scientific organisation of India. This is 2nd time the Science Congress is being held in the north east. Earlier it was held at Shillong (Meghalaya) in 2009. Approximately, 5,000 delegates from all over country and 2,000 scientists along with four Nobel Laureates are participating in this year mega event. Under the mentioned theme, scientists from across world will look at bridging social gaps through innovations. Its thrust will be on science disciplines which impact society and sustainable development.
ISCA was started in the year 1914 at its headquarters in Kolkata. It organises Indian Science Congress annually in the first week of January. The first meeting of the ISCC was held in January 1914 in the Asiatic Society, Kolkata. he 104th edition of ISC was held in Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh) with the theme “Science and Technology for National Development”.
Tags: Indian Science Congress • Indian Science Congress Association • Manipur Central University • Narendra Modi • North East
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Tuberculosis (TB) Free India Campaign after he inaugurated Delhi End-TB Summit in New Delhi.
The summit was co-hosted by Union Health Ministry, World Health Organisation (WHO) South East Asia Regional Office and Stop TB Partnership. It set stage for September 2018 United Nations High-Level Meeting on TB, where for first time, TB will be discussed in UN General Assembly (UNGA) at Heads of State level.
TB Free India Campaign
- The campaign aims to take activities of National Strategic Plan (NSP) for TB elimination forward in Mission mode. It will have funding of over Rs. 12,000 crore over next three years.
- It sets deadline to eradicate TB from the country by 2025, five years ahead of global target of 2030 mentioned in the Sustainable Development Goals.
- The motto of NSP under the campaign is to ensure every TB patient has access to quality diagnosis, treatment, and support.
- It adopts multi-pronged approach which aims to detect all TB patients with emphasis on reaching TB patients seeking care from private providers and undiagnosed TB in high-risk populations.
- It will treat all patients irrespective of where they seek care by adopting patient-centric approach and prevent emergence of TB in susceptible population groups and build empowered institutions and human resources to streamline implementation.
Tags: Delhi End-TB Summit • Diseases • Narendra Modi • National • Public Health