Narendra Modi Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Mission Bhagiratha with an objective to provide safe drinking water to all.
The scheme is the brain child of Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrashekar Rao. It was launched by state Government at Komatibanda Village, Gajwel in Medak District of Telangana.
- Mission Bhagiratha is a water grid project that aims to provide safe drinking water to all even to remotest places in Telangana.
- Its objective is to provide 100 litres of clean drinking water per person in rural households and 150 litres per person in urban households.
- Under it safe drinking water will be provided to about 25000 rural habitations and 67 urban habitations.
- Apart from providing a sustainable and permanent solution to the drinking water woes, it also aims to rejuvenate more than 45000 water tanks.
Besides, Prime Minister also laid foundation stones for other important development projects in Telangana. It includes 1600 MW Thermal Power station of NTPC at Ramagundam, 1200 MW Thermal Power Station of Singareni Collieries in Adilabad district.
Tags: Government Schemes • Mission Bhagiratha • Narendra Modi • Public Health • States
Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off the ‘Run for Rio’, an event to encourage the Indian contingent at the 2016 Rio Olympics beginning on August 5, 2016.
The 5km run was flagged off from Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium to the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi.
In this event thousands of school children and youths had participated to express the nation’s support to the 119 Indian athletes who have qualified for the Rio Olympics.
The event was organised by Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports. Prime Minister also released the Olympic Brochure.
In his address Prime Minister urged the youth to work hard for 2020 Olympics and also mentioned that India’s focus should be on sending more than 200-member contingent to Tokyo.
About 2016 Rio Olympics
- The 2016 Rio Olympics is the summer Olympics scheduled to take place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from 5 to 21 August 2016. It is officially known as the Games of the XXXI Olympiad.
- For the first the time Brazil is hosting summer Olympics games. Besides, for first time the summer Olympics will be held in South America.
Tags: 2016 Rio Olympics • Narendra Modi • National • Persons in News • Run for Rio