Narendra Modi Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had conferred 2014-15 Krishi Karman Awards to various states in a ceremony held at New Delhi.
The awards were presented in two different categories viz. Total foodgrain production and Individual Crops.
Winner of Krishi Karman Awards 2014-15
Total foodgrain production: Total 5 winning states were awarded in different categories. Each state was awarded a trophy, a citation and a monetary prize of 5 crore rupees. These states are
- Madhya Pradesh: For production greater than 10 million tonnes in Category I States.
- Himachal Pradesh and Odisha: For production between 1 and 10 million tonnes in Category II States.
- Arunachal Pradesh and Meghalaya: For production less than 1 million tonnes in Category III States.
Individual Crops: Total 5 winning states were awarded a trophy, a citation and a monetary award of 2 crore rupees. These states are
- Haryana, Assam: Rice.
- Rajasthan: Wheat.
- Chhattisgarh: Pulses.
- West Bengal: Oil Seeds.
About Krishi Karman awards
- Krishi Karman awards are given to Best performer States for raising country’s food grain production.
- These awards were instituted in 2010-11 for recognising the meritorious efforts of the states in foodgrains production.
- It comprises of three awards for total food grain production and four awards for production of crops that constitute the food grain viz. rice, wheat, coarse cereals and pulses.
- The main objective of these awards is to motivate and encourage states to enhance production and productivity of wheat, rice, pulses and coarse cereals and oilseeds.
Tags: Agriculture • awards • Chhattisgarh • Narendra Modi • States
Time Magazine has named Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi among the 2016 edition list of 30 most influential people on the internet. He was placed at 15th position.
The list has been topped by the American hip hop artist and entrepreneur Kanye West. 2016 was the second annual edition of list and was compiled based on two primary criteria viz. global impact through social media and overall ability to drive news
As per Time magazine
- PM Narendra Modi has more than 18 million Twitter followers and over 32 million Facebook likes to his official page.
- He is as an Internet star who often uses social media to conduct diplomacy.
Time Magazines 30 Most Influential People on the Internet list
- Kanye West (US).
- Joy Cho (South Korea).
- James Corden (UK).
- Laci Green (US).
- Josh Holz and Daniel Lara (US).
- DJ Khaled (US)
- Johnetta Elzie (US) and DeRay Mckesson (US).
- J.K. Rowling (UK)
- Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg (Sweden)
- Donald Trump (US)
- Lele Pons (US).
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal)
- Caitlyn Jenner (US)
- Essena O’Neill (US)
- Narendra Modi (India)
- Elise Andrew (UK)
- Ken M (US)
- Lilly Singh (Canada)
- Matt Drudge (US)
- Angie Nwandu (US)
- Andrew Bachelor (Canada)
- Kayla Itsines (US)
- Peter Bouckaert
- Kim Kardashian West (US)
- Josh Ostrovsky (US)
- Drake (US)
- Tess Holliday (US)
- Helen Van Winkle (US)
Tags: Current Affairs 2016 • Facebook • Narendra Modi • Persons in News • Time Magazine