Narendra Singh Tomar Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Union Minister of Panchayati Raj Narendra Singh Tomar conferred the National Panchayat Awards 2019 at a function in New Delhi. The Minister also launched a Spatial Planning Application called ‘Gram Manchitra’ which is a Geo Spatial based decision support system for panchayats. The panchayats can utilize this App to plan, develop and monitor developmental activities on real time basis.
About National Panchayat Awards 2019
Panchayati Raj Ministry has been incentivizing the best performing Panchayats as recommended by State Governments since 2011-12.
The awards are given to best performing Panchayats in recognition of their good work at different levels such as delivery of services and sanitation.
As many as 246 Awards were given to awardee Panchayats and States in various categories. The awards were conferred in following categories –
- 195 awards were conferred under Deen Dayal Upadhyay Panchayat Sashaktikaran Puraskar category, in recognition of good work done for improving delivery of services and public goods.
- 20 Gram Panchayats in Nanaji Deshmukh Rashtriya Gaurav Gram Sabha Puraskar category, for their outstanding contribution to socio-economic development by involving Gram Sabhas.
- 3 Gram Panchayats in Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP) Award
- 22 Gram Panchayats were awarded in Child-Friendly Gram Panchayats Award, for best performing Panchayats/Village Councils (one in each State/UT) for adopting child-friendly practices.
- 6 states were awarded under e-Panchayat Puraskar category, for promoting e-enablement of PRIs (Panchayati Raj Institutions) for bringing in efficiency, transparency and accountability in their functioning.
Tags: Gram Manchitra • Narendra Singh Tomar • National Panchayat Awards • Panchayati Raj Ministry
‘Yuva Sahakar’- Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme 2019 was launched at the opening ceremony of first ever ‘India International Cooperatives Trade Fair’ in New Delhi on 11 October 2019 by Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Narendra Singh Tomar.
With organisations from 35 countries and more than 150 Indian cooperatives participating in the Fair, the trade fair is a major platform to promote export of products of cooperatives which will lead to enhanced rural and farm prosperity. Since cooperation is the key to development of vilages, thus this mela will prove to be a milestone in the growth of rural India and will discuss the challenges being faced by Cooperatives, like delivery and available markets.
About Yuva Sahakar Cooperative Enterprise Support and Innovation Scheme 2019
The scheme has been formulated by National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) in line with Government’s focus on programmes such as Start-up India and Stand-up India which is aimed at young entrepreneurs with new and innovative ideas.
The Scheme has an annual outlay of 100 crores and is aimed at cooperatives in North Eastern Region, cooperatives registered and operating in Aspirational Districts as identified by NITI Aayog, cooperatives with 100% SC/ST/ women/Persons with Disability members.